We need a cardboard setting

Wow…bizzaro! I had already saved my own, but now I’ll compare. Funny I never noticed that before.

1 Like

It probably would have come up had we known it was prefaced with ‘corrugated’.

1 Like

I don’t have it - even when I search under corrugated!

1 Like

I don’t have it either, for what’s it’s worth.

1 Like

I just now looked, too…I don’t have it either. Now, I’m convinced that @geek2nurse really IS special!

4 Likes

Yup. No such material for me. You can’t save material types in that list, so it must have been some kind of test they were doing that happened to get pushed down to some users.

2 Likes

Yeah, me neither - but I’d be fascinated to compare its settings to our settings (over in the BtM discussion of course!)

3 Likes

I just looked. I am not special either. :frowning: oh the horror.

2 Likes

I don’t have it either. Clearly @geek2nurse is a covert GF spy and is here to keep an eye on us.

6 Likes

I have no comment. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think that’s Photoshopped just to torment us.

Well played. :sunglasses:

13 Likes

I mean, who has BLUE cardboard?

4 Likes

Darn. They’re on to me!

6 Likes

:face_with_monocle: I’m really curious about the design you had loaded when you took this screenshot LOL What is that? It looks intriguing!

1 Like

It’s a trick box one of my brothers has been designing. When you open it a “spider” jumps out at you. :slight_smile: He’s a graphic designer, but doesn’t have a GF, so it’s been an iterative process of me teaching him about kerf, etc. and him modifying the design, me cutting it and describing the changes it needs, all through email.

He created a decorative cutout design for the sides that looks really cool, fools your eyes into seeing it sort of 3D:

10 Likes

Also, happy birthday!

1 Like

That is SO cool! I love how it tricks the eyes. That is amazing!! I totally thought it was 3D at first! And that sounds awesome having a spider jump out, too, haha! My son would love that.

And - Thank you! :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this design, it’s fascinating. Would you be willing to tell me more about this concept - like what you would call it? (Is there a term for it?) I tried to find some info online to learn more about it but don’t think I was using the right words to search. I don’t want to copy or steal your hard work, just want to research and learn more about it. If you prefer not to share, that is 100% fine, though, of course!

I made something different (that will require more work either painting or using multiple materials) but still might be fun to try. The design isn’t 100% perfectly lined up so forgive the gaps, I’ll perfect it later.

1 Like

I would love to tell you how I did it, but I didn’t do it. My brother Ron came up with it, and I’m still baffled by it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Ron’s brain doesn’t work like other people’s!

2 Likes

Hahaha! Yeah, I totally get that. LOL Do you know if there is some kind of name for this type of illusion? I tried searching for things like 2D designs that look like 3D (and other ways to say this) but that’s too wordy for Google. lol (I found some pretty amazing stuff though! lol)

Maybe I’ll just start looking at some 3D images like baskets or something and think about how it could be drawn. Oooh maybe an Easter project. :slight_smile: