We need a cardboard setting

Had some fun today, maple veneer settings worked pretty well.

19 Likes

Do you know that once you set a setting you can save it? I have a cardboard setting cuz of that :slight_smile:

…and now I have to laser matzoh - whee, something to amuse the guests with while we’re waiting for everyone to arrive!

6 Likes

Chuckle! Looks great! Have a wonderful family gathering at Passover! :grinning:

1 Like

I didn’t know, thanks!

Matzoh was my very first (non-test) cut last year! Don’t have the motivation to give the machine enough of a cleaning to do it this year – happy to see someone else’s though :heart_eyes:

Hah, it didn’t even occur to me to clean it first! Please don’t tell my guests…

4 Likes

And until they sell Proofgrade Cardboard, I think saving the settings will be your best option.
Really need to keep an eyeball on the paper products, so my guess is they do not want to tempt the fates.
Could be wrong - happens all the time…

2 Likes

Fun. :slight_smile: Hope you’re enjoying your Passover gathering!

What are your cardboard settings? I feel so dumb for not thinking of “testing” on cardboard first.

1 Like

Per forum guidelines, you can’t discuss settings for non-Proofgrade material in this forum, only in Beyond the Manual.

3 Likes

Luckily there is already a post in BtM!
https://community.glowforge.com/t/settings-for-cutting-scoring-corrugated-cardboard

2 Likes

Believe it it not, there actually is a cardboard setting. I stumbled across it a few days ago. (Haven’t tried using it, though.)

Huh… another case of some owners getting features not released to the masses…

3 Likes

Nothing special about me. You may not have the right sort of job loaded. I was doing cuts when I ran across it.

I don’t have it and I tried it on a cut only job (2 roughly rectangular shapes).

It wasn’t a Custom setting? ('Cause I lack an official version as well.)

Huh. Maybe I dreamed it. Lemme go look again!

Nope, there it is.

I AM special! I knew it, I knew it!!! :wink:

10 Likes

Whoa! I could have used that during all that testing with the cardboard. :astonished:

2 Likes

I will trade my kinda blue pixel for your corrugated cardboard. You are special, obviously.

1 Like