Web browser crashes when moving designs around

I have twice today had the glowforge take down my entire browser (First time was chrome, Second was firefox) Both times were when I was moving/rotating a design around.

The designs were simple. (Don’t recall what crashed chrome but this crashed FF.) ORANGE

Probably not something anyone other that Support might figure out. Honestly not even sure how they would unless they have seen the issue. Have no problem with your design in my version of Chrome in Windows 10. Actually never once had the UI crash on me for any design or in the UI. But then I run a no extension clean version and rarely have other apps running at the same time.

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen twice last night. It’s happened before but except for the fact I was moving something simple in the GFUI it’s not anything I’ve ever been able to replicate so I never bother to report it. It’s usually fine when I fire it back up or go back into the design. I just chalk it up to randomness of the universe. (Although I do curse under my breath :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

I am fairly extension free. Only one shared between the two is adblock plus. I was using chrome in hopes of getting the unofficial glowforge plugin working but when it crashed I just went back to FF which is my main browser.

Thanks for letting us know. We need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

1 Like

whatismybrowser.com/w/6NWX45N FF (Not sure why it is out of date. It should be on auto update.
whatismybrowser.com/w/2WDQ3G7 chrome

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information, or any other questions, I’ll update this thread.

I’m curious if you’ve seen any other crashes since your initial report.

We’ve got a couple things we’d like you to try.

1. Go to http://app.glowforge.com

2. Open a design
    a. Preferably one of the designs you had a problem with previously
    b. If not, any design will do

3. Open Task Manager from your start menu

4. Go to the performance tab.

5. Do nothing for about 15 seconds, so the graph has a good baseline

6. Back in the app, rotate and move the design around for 20 or 30 seconds

7. Take a screen shot of the Task Manager window and send that in to us.

Thanks for helping us investigate this!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.