Website running slow?

is anyone else experinceing a lagg on the site?
i dont know if its me or just the site it self.

i know it isnt my computer nor my internet speed.
but something seems off

Not for me, so it is likely a local issue for you. Both the app and the webstore load at normal speed.

ughhh its like totally lagging when im trying to use the site to edit and move things around. i never experienced this issue. anyone have an suggestions?

Undoubtedly a local problem. Clear your cache and restart your browser.

2 Likes

I am having problems. Not sure if its the same as you but I just finished a print and its taking forever to focus and its stuck then it focuses and gets stuck again

Even turned the machine off to “Reset it” and it still says “focusing”

Focusing is often a cleanliness issue. Make sure the lenses are all clean and the white cable to the head is properly seated. Make sure there isn’t any material on the bed when you start the machine as this can confuse the focusing process.

1 Like

The GF UI is not a “web site” - it’s an app that is downloaded locally. Once a design is open, you don’t even need an internet connection to work with a design (although, of course, changes won’t be saved until the connection is restored.)

2 Likes

If your design has many hundreds or thousands of nodes, dragging it around in the webpage will be slow. Simplifying the design before uploading it can fix this. If it’s a large engraving, rasterizing the engraving so that it’s a picture instead of a vector shape will both make it easier to work with in the app, and process for printing faster.

2 Likes

The design in my video above has close to 4000 nodes. The video is real-time, not sped-up. I’m running on a laptop (and the wifi was disabled for the purpose of recording it.)

One of my most complex files has about 30,000 nodes. UI performance is pretty much identical.

@chillnvapelounge

I’m so sorry to hear the Glowforge app is having issues being slow. I would be happy to look into this issue.

Thanks for letting us know. We need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says "Your web browser’s unique URL"
  3. Click the button that says "Copy URL to Clipboard"
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

looked it up with chrome and it says this

whatismybrowser.com/w/5XP2JFN

Hi there @chillnvapelounge - thanks for checking both of those browsers for us.

I’ve got a couple follow up items to check in on.

• It looks like your Chrome version could use an update, would you mind updating to the latest version and let me know if that helps?
  • Could you clarify, are you seeing this while working with any and all designs, or is there a specific design you’re having trouble with?
    • If there’s a specific design, would you mind sharing that with me to review? Feel free to email it to me at support@glowforge.com if you’d prefer not to share it publicly.
  • Clear your browser’s cache and try again if you’ve not already done so.

I hope these steps help - but please let me know how it goes!

i did update the chrome.

im having the same issues.
its like lagging when im moving around and slow

Clear your cache. This often helps.

@chillnvapelounge Sorry you’re still having trouble - I’d like to make sure we’ve done the steps to clear your cache and see if it helps.

In Chrome, lets try clearing that cache. To do so press Command + Shift + Delete. This should provide you with the option to clear the browser’s cache. Once that’s done go ahead and sign out of the app, sign back in, and let me know if you see any improvement.

If you’re still having trouble after that, could you try opening a standard design, such as the Gift of Good Measure, and let me know if you have this same type of performance issue with that design?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.