Weird issues

So had some issues and was able to work it out and fix them. One thing i have had happen to me 3 or 4 more times this morning is that i have heard the machine go clunk and then an alert that the head may have bumped into something . nothing was in the way and it always happened when i started it up and it was homing back to right rear. checked the wheels and they look ok. Why is it doing that? Thoughts?

also was just doing some engraving and the artwork keeps going in and out on the image to be engraved. one minute i can see it in the settings and next it is gone. when it is gone it says no artwork but i can see it, and then it says ready. this last time it just ran the head like it was engraving but no burn.

For the first thing, check your belts and rails; there could be a stray piece of material on one of them. Also make sure your material doesn’t overlap the plastic sides of the honeycomb tray – that will hit the ends of the gantry as it moves forward.

For the second thing, it looks like you’re probably right on the edge of the “printable” area of the screen. If you move the artwork too far down it will turn gray and say “no artwork” because part of it is outside the area the head can reach.

1 Like

Thanks I think you are right on the going grey. But I checked all the things for the bump you mentioned and they’re all clear. I’ll see if it keeps doing it.

Have you moved the head while the machine was on? That can cause it too; makes it lose track of its actual position. To reset it, turn it off and back on again.

I had the same exact problem before, what seemed to fix it was to restart the glowforge app and shutdown the unit for a minute

Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

I can verify your Glowforge experienced a bump earlier this morning. Could you please try the following to see if it resolves the issue?

1. Turn off your Glowforge (this is important to avoid damage to your unit)
  2. Open the lid and, using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed
  3. Gently move the head under the lid camera
  4. Turn your Glowforge back on

Let us know how it goes.

Finally it is working. Did what you said before you replied, and after multiple attempts it finally corrected…for now. Thanks to all who responded

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!