Weird lines through my engraving

Hello!

I’ve designed this on Adobe illustrator for 1/4” Baltic birch.

So far I’ve deduced that it must be an issue with my file, because I’ve printed it twice with different wood pieces and with the grain going a different direction and the lines show up in the same exact spot.

I’ve looked through all the layers in my illustrator file to see if there are any stray shapes that might be throwing it off, but I can’t find any.

Has anyone else run into this?!

1 Like

I suspect this is caused by an open path in the image. If you upload the image one of the geniuses who frequent this forum may be along and offer to confirm that and fix the image if you can upload the original file.

4 Likes

If you don’t want to upload your artwork here you can rasterize a copy (use a high dpi, at least 300) which will eliminate any path issues in the GFUI.

5 Likes

Hi @suchyky - Sorry for the trouble. I’d be curious if rasterizing like @ekla suggested helps. If you’d like I can take a look at the file as well and see if I can spot anything else of concern. If you’d prefer not to share it publicly you can simply email it to me via support@glowforge.com

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.