Welding letters in glowforge design studio

i’m trying to weld letters (for laser cutout) in the GF design studio. I read to navigate to “edit” “select all” and “weld”… however, i haven’t found any of these tasks in the GF studio. Any suggestions? … and please don’t send me to adobe or illustrator ….

Glowforge doesn’t yet have a weld feature available. It will need to be done in external design software.

2 Likes

There is no “Glowforge Design Studio.” The Premium subscribers do have access to some design tools.

Is it possible that you are confusing this with Cricut Design Studio or Silhouette Design Studio?

2 Likes

i was hoping for a lazier solution. LOL!! thank you.

Yes, I used the wrong wording. I just meant the GF dashboard space where you create new stuff…. I understand now I need to use a separate design space for this project.

1 Like

Hi @dilybu66. That’s a great idea! Glowforge Premium can do lots of things, but it doesn’t do that - yet. We are always looking to add and improve, so I’ll share your suggestions with the product team. I hope they decide to go with it in a future version.

For now, you may want to check out this Support Article that goes over how to Make a Custom Photo Frame using Premium Creative Tools & Proofgrade™ Medium Plywood. It may not get you exactly the results you want but there are some great tricks in there!

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic.