"We're sorry, an unexpected error has occurred." Is the App down?

I turned on my machine this morning and was setting up a print I have done successfully before. The design loaded and then the app popped an error “We’re sorry, an unexpected error has occurred.”
There is no further explanation. I tried shutting down the app and reopening, re-starting my Glowforge, and restarting my computer. I am still getting the same error and am unable to get past it.

Please help. Is the App down maybe or is this an issue with my machine? There is no way for me to trouble shoot further.

I’m up fine.

Looks like all systems are nominal.

https://statuspage.glowforge.com/

I’ve gotten this a few times–recall it’s been related to the file uploading/rendering for me.

Were you trying to open the file via the GFUI, or uploading ‘new’ file? I usually get weird stuff happening when I try to open a file saved in the history (sometimes a totally different image, sometimes nothing appears on screen, sometimes this error), so I just upload it from my computer and ignore the file ‘library’…

Thanks, I determined it was just me. Still not sure what the issue was though.

1 Like

I have experienced issues with the library as well. Basically, any design I have used before does not open a second time. I end up deleting it from the library and re-uploading and then it works fine.
Thanks for the thoughts :smiley:

I think I just exited out of the error a third time and it worked. Curiouser and curiouser…:thinking:

What browser are you using on what computing platform?

Thanks for letting us know about this. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the error you received, and it looks like your unit may have had trouble calibrating due to an obstruction in the bed. However, it looks like you’ve been able to print and calibrate successfully since you started this thread. Are you still running into any trouble with this?

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

1 Like