We're sorry, an unexpected error has occurred - Nov 17, 2019

Hello Glowfolk.

I’m getting the following error both in Chrome OS, and in Windows 10 Chrome browsers. The files (multiple files) that are producing the error are files that I created in Adobe Illustrator CC and pasted into the GFUI last week. They printed successfully then.

The errors occurred around 6:00 PM-ish Eastern on 11/17/2019.

I was able to export the same cuts in a single file, upload to the GFUI, make multiple copies of the items and place them inside the GFUI, and then cut/score the file.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten this message from time to time, but I usually chalk mine up to the fact that I’m having to use satellite internet, and it leaves much to be desired.

1 Like

When I get this error, I click it closed and usually I am able to carry on as normal.

1 Like

That should get you a different error message like the ever popular “processing error” or offline.

I did the same but wasn’t able to open these files on my dashboard on 2 different computers. Narrowed the issue down to files that were copy/pasted into the GFUI,. Files that were loaded via an svg file directly into the GFUI launched as expected.

1 Like

Thanks for the details on this, @hansepe, and I’m sorry for the trouble. If you don’t mind, could you please provide one of the files that was created in Illustrator CC (which was then copied and pasted into the Glowforge app)? I’d like to take a closer look at the elements of that particular file and design, and work on reproducing this issue on our end so we can learn more.

If you’d rather not share the file here on the forum, that’s fine too. Just email it to us at support@glowforge.com and reference this forum thread. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @vee, I’m emailing the file. Thanks for looking.

Please note: Other than your curiosity, there really is nothing to see here other than alerting you to an issue with the dashboard yesterday that has cleared today.

@hansepe, thank you for the detailed information as well as sending the file with updated information. I’ve passed all of this on to our team so they can look into it.

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!