What amazing fun!

Thank you for the great suggestions. I’m learning to use Affinity Designer for Mac, and it’s definitely in the running against AI. I can create SVGs and also make text paths.

4 Likes

I’m also using AD for prepping files, falling back to Illustrator only for missing features, e.g. autotrace. I dredge up inkscape only for some of the laser-related plugins.

AD is a great program and is a steal for under $50.

2 Likes

I remember that you and a few more are also using AD, but I think you might be further ahead in it than I am. I contacted AD asking about an auto trace feature and they responded that they’re working on it. It is a great program, though.

I use Super Vectorizer 2 for auto trace on the Mac but unless you get it on sale it’s a bit expensive.

I’m sure Affinity Designer will get an auto trace feature pretty soon. It’s one of the main things they’re missing.

3 Likes

it does works very well, I have had the program for several months now. Here is an example of the program on my computer. You are welcome to use the files.

20 Likes

I missed this post until now!

Look how much fun you’re all having with it! So great that the entire family can play along! Imagine all the things you’ll all make over the years!

Also… I like your bunny.

3 Likes