What did you get done today?

Did they say which moth? Or do you just put a light up there and have the real thing?

1 Like

It didn’t specify.

2 Likes

rehearsed for a gig tomorrow tonight. breaking in a new bass player, she’s learning all of our stuff (only a couple of rehearsals with us). and random stuff happened tonight and we ended up adding 3 songs we haven’t done before. a couple are easy (gimme shelter, gimme some lovin, i pretty much know them from listening all my life). but somehow we ended up adding you dropped the bomb on me. it’s gonna be interesting to see how that goes with all of one run through with me quickly googling the lyrics as they started.

5 Likes

Yesterday was the productive day. We recently got a new shed, and I spent quite a few hours yesterday going through the garage and finding things to either throw away, consolidate, or move to the shed. I feel like I have so much more space now, especially as I no longer have to climb over the snowblower to get to my workbench.

10 Likes

Saw your build, that size would be perfect for my area. Was it very expensive?

2 Likes

$4300. I considered getting a plastic one but saw too many bad reviews. These look so much better and will probably outlast the house. Plus the guy was really great and made exactly what we asked for.

5 Likes

Thanks! Nice that there are configuration options. I presumed you would pick from a standard assortment.

1 Like

I also assumed they have a bunch of pre-made pieces in the shop and just show up and click them together. But they actually build pretty much all of it on site, they just have the outside panels painted. I guess that’s probably a good way to ensure you’re able to adapt to whatever surprises you find when you get to the customer’s yard.

Here are a few more shots of the work in progress and finished product. I finally got to put the snowblower away, now that it’s almost time to take it out again…

I think it’s kind of funny that when I was looking at the shed builder’s YouTube channel for examples of his work, I noticed he’s a go-getter. He has another business teaching people how to get into the shed business and a network of dealers.

On top of that, he builds 3 sheds a week and at least according to the above sites, you can make about $2000 on each one, and it’s “super chill” to do. I’m almost convinced to leave my tech job behind and start building sheds! Laser engraved!

12 Likes

it was fascinating to watch them build mine. it was amish-made and (mostly) built. but marketed and delivered by non-amish folks.

two amish men and one non-amish guy showed up to build it. happened really fast. amish guys did all the grunt work and aligning things up and the non-amish guy worked the nail guns. bippity boppity boop a 10x14 shed was done in no time.

4 Likes

Really. There’s a different kind of satisfaction in a job that leaves you physically exhausted instead of mentally.
Just leave the snowblower out, if you put it away you’ll be bound to need it.
Nice fit on the property.

3 Likes

I wish I had that kind of room, but my life is Tetris. It gets put away in the shed until we hit snow season, then it takes up an annoying amount of space in the garage until the spring.

6 Likes

Not anymore. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Your shed looks great! Nice addition to your yard.

2 Likes

tore my window board out and replaced it. cleaned the external fan (which was not nearly as bad as i expected), put the board back up and reconnected the fan/portable ac hose. a thankless but necessary job.

4 Likes

I made some progress on organizing our garage…which I started about 2 months ago :roll_eyes: my car has been parked in the driveway because I got halfway through the project, then my ADHD brain decided it was bored and wanted to do something else.

I’m not finished yet, but I’m closer than I was this morning!

I also packed and shipped 5 Etsy orders, which feels good.

7 Likes

so, in case anyone is interested or curious, the photography from the two weeks of photo shoot i worked on of the new patient pavilion at UPenn back in october is all finalized. a few of the shots are on the project page on our site (along with a drone tour video that PennMedicine did).

The Pavilion at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania | HDR (hdrinc.com)

i’m in one of the 9 photos (out of the 114 total shot and processed) there at the bottom.

6 Likes

Beautiful facility. I got a little dizzy on the drone ride, but survived. Is that you by the pillar?

2 Likes

i’ll say thanks for the designers. it’s an interesting project in that it was one of the largest complex IPD (integrated project design) buildings so far. normally, architects design, then builders come in and construct it. for this project, everyone (architects, engineers, contractors, client (including end users) were involved from day one. we had a huge colocation working site walking distance from the site where the whole team worked together for 4+ years. and while they were all working, they were the “PennFIRST” team, not individual firms working on their own. it was actually pretty cool to see.

and yup. in all my slightly-blurred glory.

i was mostly underwhelmed by that sculpture in person, but it’s a maya lin sculpture. the best view of it is straight up from inside it, which, of course, you’d never be able to do because it will be behind barriers.

4 Likes

I love it! The drone shots are cool! I grew up around drones (my mom worked on them and is where I learned about drones and Ada lol). Those shots are really good and its cool to see how the tech is used.

But the greatness of the architecture was really well captured.

2 Likes

i wish i could say i (or my team) had something to do with the drones. the Penn team did that and i agree, they did a great job.

i know the photography team has a drone, but we had way too much regular photography to get done to have time for drone shots. maybe next time.

1 Like