WHAT do people do with scrap wood?

How recent is that?

A local place here charged me $24 for a 1/8" 5’x5’ last week. I talked them out of charging me to cut it up but, they normally charge extra for that. Maybe I need to try a different local place next time.

1 Like

Hello welcome to the group I’m new as well

A few months ago, maybe 3? Maybe 4? Prices likely have gone up.

I wish my place would cut it. As it stands I have to bring it home and do it here with a circular saw and a Kreg rip cut.

I wish I had the space for a panel saw. I also wish panel saws didn’t cost like $1500. Alas.

2 Likes

I bought mine yesterday @ $15 a sheet 5’ x 5’ (Las Vegas)

1 Like

OH man I am SO WITH YOU!!! I’m a computer geek, My Sears circular saw is so Unfit for cutting this fine wood.

@evansd2 you are so friggin awesome to point this product out, I JUST ORDERED ONE!!!

This plus a battery powered circular saw is pretty convenient.

No matter which way you go with the saw, invest in a fairly fine toothed blade, it’ll help prevent you from tearing the edge of the plywood up.

There’s a trick using masking tape to prevent tear out but it’s a pain and uses a lot of tape. A finer tooth gets really good results without issues.

2 Likes

This dog is enjoying the table scraps!

1 Like

This was my first cleanout. Did another before moving. I keep anything Proofgrade 2 x 2" for a while. But sometimes you have to say farewell.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.