What do teenagers want?

I do love the fact that I can whip up something last minute for gifts. However, I just found out my 13 year old has a birthday party tomorrow that she forgot about. I ask her what she wants to get her friend, and she says, oh can we laser cut something for her? Well sure we can! What on earth would a teenage girl want that I can do in one evening? This is so totally her problem, but I have been trying to help by thinking of ideas. Neither of us have anything, so I thought I would ask the forum peeps… Anything? Teenagers are so hard to predict!

2 Likes

perhaps something frozen 2 related?

1 Like

I’m laughing, but only because my daughter will never admit to ever liking Frozen (even though she totally did when the first one came out). It’s for little kids and not cool :rofl:

I won’t admit it either… Cuz I’m 50 years old and male. So… yeah… Frozen sucked. :rofl:

https://www.google.com/search?hs=4VK&sxsrf=ACYBGNT3KUpKhwuZX7B1FA-URyEAm8xOhw:1577400437330&q=frozen+2+laser+inurl:svg&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=opera&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiO7fDFstTmAhWCGM0KHd8CAkEQsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=2016&bih=1038

4 Likes

I would cruise through the Free Laser Designs category. Lots of good stuff there.

1 Like

Personalized phone stand. Couple of examples in the Free Files section I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Earrings

5 Likes

Or the large earring display!

4 Likes

Perfect! I’ll run it by “the boss” and see what she thinks!

2 Likes

I did letter keychains in green glass acrylic for each of my kids’ friends. And a Zelda acrylic necklace for my son’s girlfriend. A personalized box with an Amazon gift card inside? There are lots of cool things out there, but you really need to have some clue what they like. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed. Keychain is a good idea, I’ll have to look through my supplies to see what I have, thanks!

3 Likes

but how do you feel about My Little Pony?

:rofl:

2 Likes

The only problem I’ve had with making earrings is having to make sure they have pierced ears and having good quality findings on hand. You just never know when someone has sensitive ears.

4 Likes

Yeah. Plus, I don’t have the hardware for it. Sounds like she wants to just do a gift card, which is easy enough. No fun lasering though!

1 Like

i mean, you could laser a customized gift card holder box. or just a nice box that the gift card could be inside.

4 Likes

There are several gift card holder designs in the Free Laser Designs category.

1 Like

Yes, I’ll look. It’s hard not having any days off at Christmas! I’ll try and throw something together in the morning before work, because she was waffling on what to do until about ten minutes ago, and my old self has to go to bed haha! Thanks for all the suggestions!

1 Like

I’ve made a half dozen of this design. No extra hardware needed, just draftboard.

1 Like

Ed : What would you give a woman who doesn’t seem to want anything?
Chris : Oh yea, the great question: what do women want?
Ed : I don’t know, do you?
Chris : Same things we do, only in prettier colors.

What do teenagers want?

1 Like

Ok that is a line too far. I’m definitely not a brony. :rofl:

2 Likes