What is square outline, where did progress visual go?

I noticed 2 things in the GFUI about a month ago after not using my forge for a few months:

1. After setting up tasks & hitting ‘Print’, I get a square with rounded corners on my screen, what is it for?
  2. What happened to the progress visual that used to be there, where the scores finished as progress would show as red in the GFUI? These are the kind of keywords that are so generic that it’s hard to search for, I don’t know what to call it. Square thing? Red vectors?
    Thanks!

I’ve always seen the “square thing” you’re talking about. I think it’s just a way of showing where the camera focused prior to printing. Seems superfluous but it might be nice for some people to know the starting point?

As for your second question, I haven’t seen that before. Sounds interesting! But I never look at my screen for progress except to see the countdown timer and rarely even then. I’ll look inside the Forge for any progress.

Wow, it’s been a really long time since you have used your Glowforge! I’m thinking it’s been at least a year since the UI changed. The red preview went away and was replaced by larger screen view. And indeed, the rounded square thing on your screen shows where focus occurred.

There have been so many improvements, you really should read up on all the announcements (especially about camera calibration) or you’ll be missing out.

11 Likes

Welcome back, @rhgrafix! @cynd11 is correct - it sounds like a lot has changed since you last used your Glowforge. Regarding the two changes you specifically mentioned, I’ve got some links to those Latest Improvements. Hopefully this helps shed some light on what’s new.

I hope this helps! If you run into any other trouble, please start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!

3 Likes