What materials are you gathering to get ready for your Glowforge?

but have you ever actually had to use it? If yes, please share the story!

2 Likes

Yep! I use the ionic silver generator every month or so. Comes in handy for so many things. :relaxed:

:musical_score::musical_note::notes: Iā€™m so blueā€¦:notes:

(Kiddingā€¦I donā€™t drink it. I do stave off infection with it. Better than neosporin, and you can use it in delicate areas safely. No sting.)

3 Likes

Over this past weekend I was helping my dad find materials for his 1914 International Harvester Autowagon. Really bad video taken by the engine mechanic.

We stopped into a woodworking tool and supply company in Indianapolis. I was able to pick up a couple pounds of exotic thin cut wood for less than $8 that will be great for the Glowforge. Sorry, I donā€™t have any pictures, but the purple heart is absolutely gorgeous as well as other wood.

5 Likes

Wonā€™t the crying mess up your vision though?

2 Likes

Waitā€¦is it possible you have never heard of Onion Goggles? They are the most comfortable eye protection around, they donā€™t fog up like regular ā€œaround the eyeā€ goggles, they completely enclose the eye with a soft foam, and you use them when you are cutting onionsā€¦no more tears.

Plus they come in fashionable colorsā€¦

:smiley:

9 Likes

Woooooow, I know someone who will love them :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Stylinā€™. Made for ā€˜The Green Lanternā€™!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got a pair of these for the study, and a pink pair for the kitchen. (Definitely prefer the green and black, but they werenā€™t offered when i got my first pair.) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How often do you prepare onions in the Study? (as opposed to the Kitchen?) :thinking: :joy: :grinning:

4 Likes

Fair question. Chuckle! :smiley:

They make fantastic eye protection when you are snipping hard support off of 3D prints. I actually popped myself in the eye with a flying shard onceā€¦at the exact instant that I blinked. Cut the eyelid instead of the cornea.

(Sometimes the Lord gifts you with a warning shot. Best not to ignore them.) :neutral_face:

8 Likes

Those look a bit more comfy than the lab goggles my girlfriend wearsā€¦

5 Likes

I switched from that kindā€¦MUCH more comfy! (Get her a pairā€¦sheā€™ll like 'em! Youā€™ll get boyfriend points!) :wink:

7 Likes