What materials are you gathering to get ready for your Glowforge?

I like Jules’ list. Little bit of everything there. Ha I’ve been collecting leather and plaque sized things for a while. I also have some cutting boards left from a speaker stand project for our surround sound. (Then I made the jump to surround sound headphones) ha

5 Likes

I haven’t started collecting any materials yet. I’m not a superstitious person normally, but I don’t want to jinx anything :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Like me, your not superstitious, just a littlebitstitious. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

24 Likes

Another winner! :smile:

8 Likes

I’m not superstitious but I am super lazy today.

(It’s like regular lazy but I get to wear a cape over my underwear while hanging out on the couch.)

19" of snow in 12 hours! Sheesh.

11 Likes

I on the other hand am pondering the collect enough materials to block the front door and make the glowforge come faster plan.

5 Likes

That’s a GOOD one!

5 Likes

You are a funny guy!

3 Likes

21.5" of snow today.

Seriously glad I have a snowblower.

6 Likes

I have also been a little slow to fill the house with cutable items. Both from the standpoint of not alot of room and not alot of money this time of year. That being said I have wooden boxes plaques of all sizes boards reclaimed from our barn and 120 yr old farm house, I have bags and bags of deer hides from the hubbby and boys hunting over the years. I have shell veneers, vinyl, papers and fiberboard,and some acrylic. Guess I do have stuff already!

11 Likes

Just don’t use the vinyl in your Glowforge–PVC is a no-no! But you probably already knew that.

2 Likes

We broke a record on Thursday (was 85 degrees - new high for 2/9 :sunglasses:) Gotta love Tucson

3 Likes

The last couple of inches were insulting - once a snowstorm stops it should stay stopped.

6 Likes

I’ve got a ton of cardboard stored under one of the beds just waiting to be played with, a lot of veneer, a big stack of 12x12 1/4" sheets of baltic birch, a bunch of basswood, walnut, MDF, cork, acrylic, felt, different heavy paper stocks, and a bunch of domestic & exotic cutoffs that I got from Rockler as grab-boxes. I’ve also got some sheets of aluminum that I’m dying to put to play with Cermark.

2 Likes

An older thread, but it chronicles all the materials I had stockpiled the first year of waiting for the GF. I have continued to gather, but at a much slower rate since then. Only so much room to store materials.

1 Like

I think he said a really GOOD set of calipers: https://smile.amazon.com/Mitutoyo-500-196-30-Advanced-Measuring-Resolution/dp/B00WMKUUAQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1487019678&sr=1-1&keywords=mitutoyo+caliper+6+inch

If you need precision measurements often, they are worth it.

3 Likes

Dang girl…I think you are definitly prepared…

2 Likes

Could be better. :wink: (Lots of those things are also used in the 3D printing arena, so they were on hand.)

3 Likes

I would expect nothing less after what I saw she posted many moons ago:

You gotta click the link to really appreciate it…

10 Likes

Ah yes, my toy…it’s just about the only thing that’s organized around here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes