What Not to Do: Laser Edition (Engraveris)

Could be worse.

4 Likes

Am I missing something, but no one has commented about this in the link -

Engraveris now available to back via Kickstarter with early bird pledges starting from $299 and delivery expected to take place during November 2017.

John :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You’d think the time machine would be more important than the laser, but Iasers are pretty important.

3 Likes

How is it that the Cubio could be a CO2 laser? I was assuming that it was something like a Neodymium laser but then I am not an expert as are apparently many here.

I don’t believe it is, judging by the color (and overall size and power rating). I think it’s a purple diode… but I don’t have one so I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

My comment was relative to your “tattoo removal”. Tat removal lasers are usually Yag, ruby or alexandrite lasers.

The Cubio is a diode laser. It’ll burn and blind and otherwise hurt you but it won’t remove tats :slightly_smiling_face:

Alexandrite = Neodymium + Praseodymium is that a different result than just Neodymium?

Yep. Nd is used to dope different media to alter the laser behavior like strength and frequency. For the alexandrite lasers it helps tune to darker pigment breakdown.

1 Like

Sad that someone would post this web site on the Glowforge forum. Just Google it, and see that it is described on multiple sites(BBB, Trusted Reviews, etc.) as a scam web site. An example of a review:”FAKE FAKE FAKE!! YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF. They use a Disconnected Phone Number, They use a Fake email that doesn’t receive responses. There is no Customer service. Never received items!!!” Just do not introduce this garbage on the forum. Find something better to do with your time. Please.

Pretty sure it was posted for entertainment value; it has certainly been providing that! :grinning:

3 Likes

Just a discussion of it…sometimes we post things here as a head’s up.
(Or a warning to get the word out to others. Check out the title for the thread.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Be super funny if there was the Beloved Tattoos, and Betrayed Tattoo Removal.

#DontTattooNames #ThatRarelyEndsWell

3 Likes

Please feel free to direct your comments to me directly, as I shared it. I don’t see anything sad about sharing entertaining things on the forum. Seems as good a use of time as trying to make other people feel bad about what they share. There are lots of personalities in here… if something I share doesn’t amuse you, there are plenty of other posts to enjoy.

4 Likes

Besides they call it Suprise Shopping and now you have spoiled the suprise!

4 Likes

It’s enough to make me want to bring my old Laser Mouse to market. Or its dumbed-down cousin the laser pyrography pen. (I think I finally figured out what was wrong with the original software stack, so I could make it work, but now I know enough not to.)

1 Like

I seem to remember when that cube design first came out that they were saying that it had a motion sensor so it would stop lasing if it was bumped or changed position at all.

Then there is this …

I see one of his videos is the laser bazooka noted above.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget this topic: