WHAT THE WHAT! PRODUCTION UNIT! :squee:

I don’t contribute often to the forum, mostly because If I checked the forum regularly it would be too hard for me to stay calm and patient. It sounds funny, but the production delays have worked to my benefit in a few ways… In December of last year, I decided to get an x-carve, not to replace my Glowforge, but to get more familiar with CNCs and to supplement the glowforges capabilities. Working with the x-carve has been frustrating and fun. I have learned a lot, and been able to start my green energy, custom manufacture/engraving business with it. What I came away with, is that to create the products I intend to, I will truly need both machines. I am so greatful for the technology advancements that have been made with both of these machines because without the easy to use software that exists with Easel, and that we can expect with Glowforge, it would be far too time consuming for me to attempt to manufacture products from home and offer a competitive price to customers. I know that I am attempting to do commercial work, with hobby level equipment, but for decades it has been my dream to prove that we can create everything we need without contributing to global warming. In recent years, Elon Musk has become my personal hero, and now that Tesla is creating a electric semi-truck (so green transportation will be possible), I feel that it’s my responsibility to find ways to make many different kinds of products on just solar and wind power, from reclaimed and recycled materials. So I guess I’m saying that I feel Glowforge and Inventables are making it possible to pursue my true calling! (I also don’t post much because I tend to be VERY long winded, lol)

20 Likes

So I’m a September 25 on the list. Getting rather excited.

Haven’t gotten the email yet, but I’m hopeful. Patient. Expectant.

6 Likes

i think that’s a reasonable guess and probably on the low-end side of things; dan has said on a number of occasions, or at least intimated, that the cancellations have always been on the low end, or perhaps lower than expected (that last is me reading into it of course).

1 Like

I’m grateful that anyone has put up with me this long… and absolutely committed to making it worth your confidence.

19 Likes

i for sure believe that (sorry, i wasn’t trying to comment anything aside from the fact that it seems to me like cancellations haven’t been a huge problem, i don’t think)

Well seeing as how during the big bad announcement last April there was a less than 1/2 of a percentage of cancellation, I do see it being much much lower than the 25% someone was guessing somewhere around here.

2 Likes

that’s how i feel, it seems like most expensive crowdfunding projects have the benefit of a committed user base.

2 Likes

Pretty sure you live around the corner from me…

Can I come play too until mine arrives? XD

2 Likes

Sure! I’m in Medford, Ma. Where are you located?

1 Like

What is the email address that this email is sent from? support@glowforge.com?

4 Likes

I believe it is hello@glowforge.com

5 Likes

hello@glowforge.com

Edit: Dang, @kennethclapp beat me too it.

3 Likes

Same-Same.
Just down the hill from Tufts, off Winthrop.

3 Likes

You might be walking distance from me! PM me after my Glowforge gets here and we can schedule a play date!

6 Likes

I have a PRU of course on the other side of town… Over in Needham.

6 Likes

:squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee:

59 Likes

:squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee:

17 Likes

:squeeee: Does it feel real?

10 Likes

:+1:

10 Likes

Thank goodness! :smile:
(I was beginning to doubt…)

13 Likes