WHAT THE WHAT! PRODUCTION UNIT! :squee:

I do like the garages (almost 1500 sq feet of them). The detached garage is wired with 50 amps for a welder and 30 amps for an air compressor, complete with air lines already installed in the walls. The attached garage is also wired for 50 amps, but no air.

4 Likes

Hating extension cords and a love of finished outbuildings must go hand in hand. No built in air lines though. He had a massive outbuilding as well. It had been an emu farm that was subdivided and his lot came with the metal barn. He finished half of it and left half uninsulated with a dirt floor. The finished half was supposed to be a shop but he built a bar in it and not a lot got built after that.

5 Likes

Well thats essentially what i had in mind. May just have to order it.

:laughing:
I could see that happening to me.

It is essentially a clean and put together version of what I was thinking of trying to mock up with connectors and magnets. No reason not to try it if my filter ships after my unit, which is a real possibility.

Did you all see my rig? It works great.

1 Like

You should report on how well it seals to prevent odors. Doesn’t seem like it’s possible for it to be really sealed for odors (vs particulates like lint). But if it works it’d be awesome.

If I get it for my :glowforge:, I will certainly be reporting back.

A thin rubber or closed cell foam gasket should seal it if it is a problem.

1 Like

Well, this is designed for automatic connecting close-space dryer venting. I have a very fine mesh screen that feels like metal. The size of the ring compared to the spacing of the mesh should have no gap for leakage. If it did have trouble getting a seal, I’d probably try to take pieces of latex or something similar for a gasket.

Boo

8 Likes

They did the same to me…

2 Likes

This gave me a good laugh! :grinning:

2 Likes

Sorry I just saw Dan had responded. We were backers since 2015, 1st day I believe. It was a big commitment of funds for us and we discussed it for weeks before the 1st day pre-orders were being taken. I remember saying to wait then we watched the maker faire videos and it was boom TAKE OUR MONEY!
My wife, Trish has stopped looking at anything GF but I continue to dream. Aidan

8 Likes

I hope your dreams come true fast. It really is a cool machine!

2 Likes

Still getting ready, and expecting needs to vent prior to receipt of filter. One more piece just about ready.

9 Likes

That looks way better than my hose hanging out the window. Nice!!

2 Likes

It should have a seal just from the amount of mesh width-wise between the inner and outer diameter. I can add a thin gasket if needed. Worst case, I still need to get a slider pet door to use with this, but since those are quite expensive, this is a good starting place.

2 Likes

And it is easily to remove.

Unless I’m missing something, venting through a screen seems less than productive.

4 Likes