WHAT THE WHAT! PRODUCTION UNIT! :squee:

I think maybe I wasn’t asked to sign because I scheduled a delivery window? I had to sign for the Proofgrade today; they wouldn’t even leave it on the patio out of sight with a release to do so. I had to go pick it up after work.

My 'forge works though! Got the ruler done tonight. The rest will wait until the weekend I think.

17 Likes

Found one better for my notion of venting through the screen. I’d actually expect this to work if the filter comes after my :glowforge:.

Magvent

It uses a ring magnet (possibly on both sides) to make and hold a connection.

6 Likes

Huh. Mine just fell off the truck next to my spouse’s Zappo’s order… (But then they kinda know us)

@marmak3261 didn’t you re-invent this? haha

1 Like

I don’t think the previous owner of my house liked power strips. The room the GF is going into is only 10 x 12 and has about a dozen duplex outlets. This is with two sliding glass door cutouts and one normal door so not a lot of wall space. I think any location I put the GF it will be withing reach of at least three outlets. :rofl:

5 Likes

Are they all on the same circuit?

1 Like

I love the video on Amazon: “With ring magnet technology.” Oooh, I just used a graphite distribution appliance on a piece of paper… um, I mean on wood pulp sheeting.

13 Likes

I haven’t checked yet. So far I have only been running some audio and networking equipment in the room. My guess is that it is probably one circuit or two at most.

The house is unusual in many areas. One of the bathrooms has a multi line phone mounted on the wall. Oh, and the kitchen cabinets are held closed with Velcro.

2 Likes

If you live in Western WI I may know the guy who had that house built. He hated extension cords.

1 Like

I do like the garages (almost 1500 sq feet of them). The detached garage is wired with 50 amps for a welder and 30 amps for an air compressor, complete with air lines already installed in the walls. The attached garage is also wired for 50 amps, but no air.

4 Likes

Hating extension cords and a love of finished outbuildings must go hand in hand. No built in air lines though. He had a massive outbuilding as well. It had been an emu farm that was subdivided and his lot came with the metal barn. He finished half of it and left half uninsulated with a dirt floor. The finished half was supposed to be a shop but he built a bar in it and not a lot got built after that.

5 Likes

Well thats essentially what i had in mind. May just have to order it.

:laughing:
I could see that happening to me.

It is essentially a clean and put together version of what I was thinking of trying to mock up with connectors and magnets. No reason not to try it if my filter ships after my unit, which is a real possibility.

Did you all see my rig? It works great.

1 Like

You should report on how well it seals to prevent odors. Doesn’t seem like it’s possible for it to be really sealed for odors (vs particulates like lint). But if it works it’d be awesome.

If I get it for my :glowforge:, I will certainly be reporting back.

A thin rubber or closed cell foam gasket should seal it if it is a problem.

1 Like

Well, this is designed for automatic connecting close-space dryer venting. I have a very fine mesh screen that feels like metal. The size of the ring compared to the spacing of the mesh should have no gap for leakage. If it did have trouble getting a seal, I’d probably try to take pieces of latex or something similar for a gasket.

Boo

8 Likes