WHAT THE WHAT! PRODUCTION UNIT! :squee:

Ahhhhh this is so fun to watch!

13 Likes

cue [itshappening.gif] XD

1 Like

Iā€™ve also had good luck at Altec Plastics in Southie.
Years ago, there was Commercial Plastics in Somerville which would have been WAY more convenient for us, but oh well.

Oh! also Boulter Plywood in Somerville has very nice cabinet-grade ply in a bunch of different varieties. Iā€™ve got some of their cherry-finished stuff right now from an old project.

last but not least, Iā€™ve got a table saw, so taking materials down from larger stock to fit in the laser will be a snap. If you havenā€™t got access to one, youā€™re welcome over here.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exciting! I still need to put together my own proofgrade order.
I also guess I need to order the experimental stuff!

3 Likes

Yes! Thanks!

careful with that depending on the heat it puts out it could melt your screening

Not a plastic mesh screen, heat would be no problem.

Hahaha! I have a feeling there are a few more steps for meā€¦

Step 1: Open Box
Step 2: Move Starbucks away from box
Step 3: Push Picasso away from box

19 Likes

Picasso, I take it, being a curious cat? Iā€™ve got 2 that will make unboxing and installation interesting.

4 Likes

I named my cats Starbucks and Picasso :slight_smile: They are biological brothers, Starbucks from the first litter and Picasso from the second. Both curious but such different personalities! Canā€™t wait to unbox the Glowforge with them!!!

4 Likes

As of ~7pm last night, my Glowforge is in Massachusetts! Looks like tomorrow will be the day! :squee:

35 Likes

:+1:

I have a pair from the same litter, born in the shelter. Brother/sister set, Wazowski and Boo. (There was a Monsters, Inc theme that day, apparently, but there is a certain fit to them.) I am expecting very interesting life with :glowforge: and boxes.

4 Likes

omgomgomg

2 Likes

Awesome!

All I know of mine is that it left San Pablo, CA on Friday at 01:45 (Iā€™m guessing PDT).
Scheduled Delivery Date: Information Unavailable

12 Likes

i stole it

13 Likes

Did the driver survive? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Mine will be tomorrow too. Canā€™t wait. :grin::grin:

12 Likes

If you are signed up for UPS My Choice, then sign in and click the My Choice tab.

You should get a calendar view that shows the delivery date. This showed up for me even when it said Information Unavailable. It actually showed Wednesday originally.

9 Likes

Thanks. Yeahā€¦ I tried, but it said My Choice isnā€™t available for my address. My guess is because Iā€™m having it sent to my office.

Edit: Confirmedā€¦ ā€œOur records indicate this is a commercial address, and UPS My ChoiceĀ® is only available for residential addresses.ā€

4 Likes