WHAT THE WHAT! PRODUCTION UNIT! :squee:

Love the name Boo!!! :smile_cat:

Joe, did you sign up for the 2-hr window option?

1 Like

No :cry: How do I do that?

1 Like

Found it. Hmmm, I’d rather go work from home than pay $8 for it.

4 Likes

I was looking at my MyChoice delivery notice (to see if it was coming any sooner) , and noticed the GF40 above my name. Do any of you have the same number or know what it means?

4 Likes

UPS drivers will usually run fairly consistent routes. Even if the detailed route varies from day to day, they will still be in the same general area at about the same times each day. Even the driver that runs the route at my house typically lands between 3:30-4:30. If I dont get a delivery at that time, I know a different driver has the delivery and it will land about 6:30-7:30pm.

Not sure it’s worth paying for a delivery window when they usually already work within 2 hours.

3 Likes

I wonder if it’s supposed to mean Glow Forge 40 watt? In other words, a basic model. Maybe Glowforge stuck that on everyone’s address so far? Just a shot in the dark because I can’t think what else it could be.

6 Likes

I suspect it’s more along the lines of Glowforge tracking, 40th unit.

2 Likes

Makes the most sense.

Could be of the 1st 40 off the line.

2 Likes

Could be. Maybe someone else who’s received a shipping notice could let us know what their shipping address looked like.

2 Likes

@davidgal2, mine is GF 79

6 Likes

It would also be interesting to know if any of the people receiving their unit spots the serial number on the unit somewhere.

2 Likes

Thanks @joe! Looks like @Jamie was right.

2 Likes

Could be customer number perhaps.

1 Like

Nice. Thanks! Units are already shipping a little faster than I thought if we’re interpreting this tidbit of info correctly.

3 Likes

They need to ramp up to about 200 a day pretty quickly to achieve the schedule.

2 Likes

That’s a possibility as well, although you’d think they’d have some leading zeros in that case (something like 0000040).

1 Like

If this is a unit number, I wonder who got the coveted #1 to go out.

I think it might have been @pigheaded

4 Likes

Who knows? If this labeling scheme is actual # shipped, there are quite a few on there way to non forum members.

1 Like