WHAT? This design took too long to process

Wait a minute… Too long to process??? My Internet speed is flying.

I’m sorry to hear you ran into this error. I’d like to take a closer look. Could you possibly upload the original file (preferably packed inside of a .zip archive - this maintains file structure on the forum), or send it as an attachment to support@glowforge.com? Thank you.

The error has nothing to do with your Internet speed, it means the software that has to convert your file to instructions for the laser timed out, which is a symptom of having a very large or complicated file.

That’s presumably a vector drawing with lots and lots of nodes. One way to avoid long processing times for an engraving is to rasterize it first on your computer. Then you are just handing the Glowforge software an image instead of thousands and thousands of paths. How you do that depends on the software you’re using, but I’m sure people here will be glad to help.

6 Likes

Thank you for your feedback… I did just that I converted the wine and cheers to a raster file in saved it as a PNG. Then I embedded it into the illustrator file and saved it out as a PDF. This seems to have worked.

4 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!