What will be your Glowforge's personal name?

Heh. The same son who came up with his younger brother’s name would, years later, have a pet snake named Monkey. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I named mine Occam’s Laser.

12 Likes

I ended up getting a replacement, and time to come up with a name during the (very brief, yay!) wait. The new one is Ignatius Ordgar (sharp fire)
. :blush:

3 Likes

I am not sure for the next one. We’ll see what comes up.

1 Like

Hey how are you doing today?

4 Likes

Despite a couple hours of speculative research, I still haven’t managed to name mine.

1 Like

Won’t name mine. Makes it harder to use and abuse as the tool it was intended to be.

3 Likes

She’s headed back home!

4 Likes

Great! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good! Very tired (had to report for surgery at 0530) and kinda weak, but otherwise fine, so far. Doc said my ankle was more of a mess than the MRI showed, so i should expect a lot of pain for 2-3 days once the nerve block they put in (bless her!!!) wears off. :grimacing:

I guess this is the part where I find out whether I handle pain as well as my hubs—usually he’s the one around here having pieces of himself remodeled!

3 Likes

Oh, I’m glad it was quick and you’re back so soon…try to get some sleep now.
(Oh wait, you’re a nurse, you know that.) :smile:

Ha! We need MORE reminding than other people. We’re notoriously bad at doing what we are supposed to do, when it comes to self-care.

When the pre-op RN asked the usual “do you have an advanced directive?” question and I once again had to hang my head in shame, I answered by just informing her of my profession. She laughed and checked off “no advanced directive.” :roll_eyes:

Maybe I’ll get around to doing one before they start on the other ankle… sigh

7 Likes

Hoping you’re feeling better! The kids named our home forge GlowYourBoat. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

So, whose machine is Glowprah Winfrey?

4 Likes

been watching “The 100” lately and want to re-name mine “The Flame” (Bonus: Lost is my all time favorite show and it can go with that too)

“The Smoke Monster?” :laughing:

2 Likes

Well I need a second machine now.

2 Likes

ok, so what if I use the laser to cut either veneer or vinyl decals for parts of my GF, like a “Flame” for the head Smoke Monster for the hose, The Hatch for the front door, the looking glass for the top door window, the pearl for the button, The Incident room for the tube, when I get a filter ill name it the tempest, the reservoir will be the hydra, the camera is the looking glass. still trying to figure out the staff, orchid, and the arrow.

2 Likes

Well if you cut vinyl you can call it “out of warranty”

5 Likes

really? by cutting it or sticking it?