What will be your Glowforge's personal name?

I cannot be too late for that, because it is too good an idea. Put another button on top of the gf button maybe, so pressure pushes both?

1 Like

I named mine ā€œBlack Forgeā€

8 Likes

"ā€œTitan Arumā€ because of the smell when cutting leather.

3 Likes

P0rgChop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just called mine Epoch so I could get on with it and start lasering. Really no thought went into it. Missed opportunity I guess.
Someone said you could change it, but you have to bug @rita first? Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s accurate or not. Probably wonā€™t do that.
If I did change it though, Iā€™d have to go with ā€œFun And Gamesā€ā€¦in case I lose an eye.

3 Likes

sometimes you can come up with a good one with little thought. I like it. It was the Epoch of the Glowforgeā€¦

1 Like

ā€œBURNEYā€ seems to apply pretty well!

3 Likes

I named mine Dr. Octagonapusā€¦

ā€¦Only those of class and culture will understand.

1 Like

Mine is called R1-D1

2 Likes

I named mine ā€˜Armandoā€™ after the hip hop singer/rapper/entertainer, Pitbull. image Now that I think about it, I may rename it Fireball after one of his hits. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I finally did bug supportā€¦my forever gal is now Sassy1.
Sass for short. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Yep, no clever reference to burninating or Nordic godsā€¦figured you guys had those wrapped up. Downside to procrastination, but she suits.) :smile:

4 Likes

I think that you hirt Helioses feelings but it does fit very nicely. :blush:

3 Likes

I just couldnā€™t think of one that you guys hadnā€™t already come up with. :wink:
(In other wordsā€¦you took them all. Stinkers.) :smile:

1 Like

Haha I just went with Glowfish because I couldnā€™t get it out of my head and figured it must be a sign

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always had a hard time thinking up names. My kids are lucky to have any. I only had one gender of name picked out by the time each of my first two showed up, and that was back in ancient times when we didnā€™t know what were getting until they were born. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Fortunately they came out in genders that fit the available names. I canā€™t even take credit for #3ā€™s name; his 4yo older brother invented it (Rustin). It was 'way better than anything Iā€™d come up with yet, so I went with it. Good thing he wasnā€™t a girl. :wink:

So, yeahā€¦my Glowforge is just ā€œGlowforge.ā€ <sigh>

4 Likes

Mine stayed MGH-xxx for quite a while. (I used my first choice, which wasnā€™t very good anyway, on the PRU.) :smile:

1 Like

I suppose in that caseā€¦ā€œRustineā€ (Rusting :wink: :rofl:)

3 Likes

I like Rustie for a girl. (Says the gal with a guyā€™s nickname.) :smile:

2 Likes

Blodwyn

2 Likes

Just ask your kids for a name, Iā€™m sure theyā€™d love to help name it! Thatā€™s of course assuming you want to go through the hassle of renamingā€¦ which Iā€™m assuming is possible because I think I remember reading it was somewhere :thinking:

2 Likes