What will be your Glowforge's personal name?

Maybe something like This…

3 Likes

I like Proteus! Demon Seed ref?

Actually, for my intent, it was the name of the submarine in Fantastic Voyage. If you haven’t seen it, there were lasers involved :grin:

1 Like

And Rachel Welch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hjiVViMuS4

2 Likes

dibs on “Forgeous” (if all Forge names must be unique!)

3 Likes

Oh man, I haven’t even thought of that possibility!

1 Like

I would be surprised. With way over 10,000 GFs sold a simple name is not a good identifier. The name might be combined with your login to create a unique identifier. Then you could use the same name as someone else because the login would be different. Might also use a MAC address.

2 Likes

You shouldnt have to deal with this. They will probably assign a GUID (globally unique id) to each device and you can name it whatever you want.

1 Like

Hadn’t thought of giving it a name…hhmmm…

Maybe…

Slash & Burn!

or maybe just

Slash!

4 Likes

But it’s a good enough identifier for this forum, isn’t it?

(I wasn’t really being serious about the “dibs” thing–just wanted to shake things up a little!)

1 Like

Maybe Asher…

5 Likes

Certainly. You may have misunderstood me. Was just trying to allay anyone’s concern that a duplicate name would cause conflict. Everyone can probably pick what they want without fear of duplication. The name would not be how the Company differentiates the machines for network communication and operation. Probably just for your convenience.

1 Like

And if not Slash, then maybe “Stinky”…or “Stinker”…or “Little Stinker”…or if I use a lot of walnut then “Smores Maker”, cause I remember @dan saying lasering walnut smells wonderfully like smores!

Hmmm, I dunno…I like the edginess of “Slash”

3 Likes

Is it too late to add a speaker and an mp3 decoder? I would love for my GF to start playing “Trogdor the Burninator” every time I press the go button.

8 Likes

Oh that would be EPIC!

Or the Star Wars Darth Vader Theme…DA-DA-DA-RUN…DA-DA-RUNNNNNN

Hmmmmmmm…
ASH.
My reasoning: Not only is it an appropriately fire-related name, it is also one of my nicknames for my real GF (our collective personal/intimate nickname set is “Ash and Air” - there is a mushy story involved). It seems fitting that I would dedicate my other GF to her.

Now I am thoroughly confused lol :wink:

5 Likes

I finally came up with a great name and it will be: My Glowforge

5 Likes

Funny, I was thinking “Not Yours” Heh.

7 Likes

Another thought would be Downey Forge & Haberdashery

5 Likes

I like Light Saber.

4 Likes