What will be your Glowforge's personal name?

Oooh I like that! “Shiny”!
Best in the Verse :sunglasses:

Made me think of “Doll House”.
“Alpha” works.

4 Likes

SPOOTI. From the good old angry beavers days.

I think Glowy McForgeface might be re-christened Winona, after John Crichton’s laser gun in Farscape.

Far more respectful I think.

8 Likes

I gave my hubby the nickname Captain Awesome and it really stuck, even his friends and co-workers call him that now! I think I’m planning to name my glowforge Captain Forge? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I know that I am definitely naming my glowforge, but what I don’t know is if it is a he or a she. Its kinda like having a baby.
Im considering GLaDOS if its a girl or Glottis if its a boy.

P.S. @elsman18 יהי = there will be/ let there be (depends on context)
אור = light
יהי אור = Let there be light
Not sure if that’s what you meant, but I saw that you were missing a word. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks, I guess I got caught trying to show off lol. Definitely not fluent in Hebrew. Once again I am impressed with the knowledge On this forum

2 Likes

A ‘Chuck’ fan eh? :slight_smile:

Make sure you get cake for the arrival party!

1 Like

Yes! I really enjoyed Chuck! My Captain Awesome loves Dexter. He wants to name the Glowforge Dexter. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The name might have to change for the task… Soulbringer when I’m cutting out shoes… Firefly for balsa wood planes… Geppetto for doll parts…

3 Likes

Regina Forge. Because she will personally victimize all materials that cross her path.

5 Likes

Might go with “Shinken”, which is rather obtuse but has fun meaning. (2 interweb points if you don’t have to google it)

1 Like

I think I shall name mine…

Sol

“Forgezilla”

4 Likes

Im surprised I havent seen anyone say “cyclops” yet

6 Likes

I was thinking of this, but thought it would be re-christened as Cyclops when warranty was up and attempts to mod it are made. That is the time when it could spew disruptive rays out if the protective shields are removed. For now it is Geordi from Star Trek the Next Generation.

5 Likes

lol even better! cant stop laughing hahaha

2 Likes

Already named mine but cyclops would be sweet

Haha, I’m so glad someone else saw that too! We loved Chuck so much that we had a cat named Chuck (no longer with us), his sister Ellie & then came Awesome.

3 Likes

I will name mine iForge.

One, I think the GlowForge will do for lasers what the iPhone did for cell phones – completely remake the genre and set a new bar for customer expectations. Two, because when I first saw the GF video, the sleek design and beautiful refinements reminded me a lot of the aesthetics of Apple products. And three, because I will be forging with my GlowForge. :relaxed:

2 Likes