What will be your Glowforge's personal name?

I’m going with “Unicorn” or “Vaporware” for now. If it ever arrives, perhaps I will ask it what it wants its new name to be…

3 Likes

VertexForge

1 Like

"The Forgerie"…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Harrison Forge?

Wattson?

Sparktacus?

Audrey Hepburn?

Arson Daley?

Stephen Fry?

Russel Branded?

I’m so sorry. It’s a sickness.

Sparktacus is my top contender right now.

18 Likes

They are all clever, but Sparktacus really did stick out as the true genius before I even saw it was your top contender.

4 Likes

Best set of names yet! All very clever.

1 Like

My 3D Printers at home are Bespin, Coruscant, and Endor, with Alderaan being reserved for my test machine. In theory the laser should be named “Death Star”, but I also hate to name it after something that got blown up… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Arson Daily would have been my choice. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Really not into naming things. My wife however is and I’m confident she would aprove of “Geordi”

2 Likes

Cylon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Personally I gotta go with Trogdor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Geordi LaGlowForge?

4 Likes

Yes! Precisely!

Oooooh, or maybe “Blaze”!

2 Likes

I name my electronics after Asgardian figures. Wifi networks after realms (Asgard is the main network, Midgard the guest network, Jotunheim the extender in my room.)

Devices are after gods or asgardian figures. Heimdall the all-seeing: my Apple TV. My powerhouse laptop: Thor.

So I named by 3d printer Brokkr, one of the twin dwarves who forged Thor’s hammer. His brother, Sindri, will be the name of my Glowforge.

11 Likes

I was thinking of “Hello Forgeous,” but you beat me to it. :grin:

3 Likes

It’s ok to use other names. In the 12th Century in England 50% of the males were named John.

I’m naming mine “The Old Forge” after my grandparents 15th century house in England… more personal, but definitely not as clever as the rest of the names on here.

4 Likes

In honor of my high school science teacher, I’ve come up with the perfect name for my GF. His name was Justin L. Nix, when asked, he would always say, " The L stands for Lucifer," then give an impish grin and an evil little chuckle. My GF will be Lucifer.

5 Likes

oh don’t do that: we’ll all have completely awesome machines… yours will give you hell

6 Likes