What will be your Glowforge's personal name?

but every time he went to cut something hed get to say “youre gonna burn in hell!” and then laugh maniacally, echoing throughout the whole house, while it was cutting

7 Likes

ah, good point lol. sounds like a lovely guy :wink:

1 Like

Let’s not forget that Lucifer means “bringer of light.”

7 Likes

True :slight_smile: or “The Morning Star” which Jesus is also refered to as

1 Like

Mt. Doom

4 Likes

@rgrannan I named my laptop Yggdrasil and my External Hard-drive Mimir… Anyway… I was thinking of naming mind Ivaldi, which is the father of dwarfs that made most of the Norse God’s weapons (and was bet by Loki that Brokkr and Sindri could not match the skill of). But I also like Gordi or Emmit. :smiley:

Edited for Saga Accuracy

5 Likes

I’m going with Burnadette. I’ll save Scott for a more powerful (possibly goggles-requiring) model.

7 Likes

As a gay man, I will probably refer to my (g)low(f)orge as “the gf” or girlfriend.

My actual boyfriend will probably feel somewhat ignored once the girlfriend arrives in the mail.

14 Likes

We’ll be taking "fab"ulous to a whole 'nother level!

1 Like

Since my dog’s name is Finn, I’ll probably name my GF Jake. Adventure Time!

11 Likes

Ray

2 Likes

lol — named the wifi hotspot on my phone “DHS Mobile Command” (Dept of Homeland Security) :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Oh gosh… now I’m thinking I may want to name it Beam-O (BMO!)

11 Likes

Lazar Wolf

5 Likes

Pearl. Definitely Pearl. <3 <3

“Pearl is like a Samurai. She is, like, incredibly precise.”
—Rebecca Sugar

7 Likes

I’ll name mine “Crossbow.” It’s The name of the laser weapon in the movie “Real Genius.”

6 Likes

It’s a moral imperative.

1 Like

I actually once spent a weekend at an event where I met a friend of a friend whose real, on the certificate, given name was Lucifer. Of course he was also a pagan priest, so he was Brother Lucifer. I think his brother was named Zeus.

4 Likes

I’ve decided I’m going to wait until my Glowforge is in it’s given place and let it reveal it’s name to me. I’m sure, over time, I will refer to it several times by some name…and that’s how it will work best for me.

10 Likes

My teachers real middle name was Leo, (same as me), he just loved a good controversy! :grin:

3 Likes