What will you buy with your $50 Inventables gift?

@darkdesign and @espen_svebak, several people in this forum have offered to purchase these gift codes at either face value or slight discount. So no need to feel like it is wasted. Just post a for sale.

1 Like

Are you sure? Have a large dust collector on my X-Carve. No way it could come in the house. The dust collector helps with 95% but that other 5% goes everywhere. But if you manage to solve the dust problem, the term “new baby” and ear splitting router don’t seem to go together.

7 Likes

Probably will order some of the metallic acrylics

Oh I don’t feel like it wasted at all, it literally covers my shipping. Probably going to pickup some parts for my cnc at the same time :wink:

3 Likes

Ordered mine last night. US - Indiana resident.

• Gold Mirrored Acrylic Sheet - 24170-03
  • Translucent Blue Acrylic Sheet - 24152-03
  • Transparent Red Acrylic Sheet - 24163-03
  • Lucite Light Guide Acrylic Sheet - 30443-01
  • Brushed Aluminum on Black Laserable Acrylic Sheet - 25257-01
  • Red Oak - 30179-03
  • Soft Maple - 25771-03
  • Bamboo Plywood - 25371-01
  • Cherry Wood - 25315-03
  • Birch Plywood - 25795-04
  • Maple Plywood (Rotary) - 25797-04

Most of them in 8" x 12" sizes just to check out what I like and want to order more of.

Shipping was $7.50, and I bought a few more things than the $50 credit so with shipping, my bill came to around $25.

Looking forward to getting these! My Proofgrade materials came in yesterday. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I ordered my stuff awhile back. I’ve only played with some of it so far. I ended up ordering $100 worth of stuff to get free shipping.

My strategy was to order a variety of things to try out to get an idea of what I can do with the material.

3 Likes

True. PM me if you want to sell. I like materials rather than international shipping costs, too.

That’s a pretty positive attitude. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve never met a router that was quiet or even remotely not-loud.

2 Likes

I have never been more thankful to be a Chicagoan! I can walk to Inventables and pick up my order and am totally willing to buy someone else’s code for face value, PM if interested

7 Likes

I used it to pay for a tiny portion of an X-Carve, for all the things I want to make that don’t fit in the Glowforge.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I need to do that. Probably going to get myself some linoleum and some light diffusing material because I’ve always wanted to make stamps and lamps…

3 Likes

I ordered a few different colors of acrylic, some corian (backordered) and a sheet of purple heart hardwood.

I’d save it for now, you get a nice variety of stuff from GF with your machine. Use the 50 for a splurge project once you get your sea legs. Inventables is pretty insanely overpriced for some of their stuff.

1 Like

Do they have cermark? If they do that would be excellent

…but be mindful of the expiration date. I think mine was Jan 2018.

I’m sorry :frowning:

The plan is to put a thick door on our attached garage/laundry room, my baby falls asleep to the vacuum cleaner, so think the noise will be dampened enough. I’m now worried that too much dust will fly into the air, maybe I can put up rubber strips as a room divider like they have in industrial spaces.

I ordered some corian 1/2 inch thick, I would love to know what setting to use… If you ever figure out or found the info… Please… :slight_smile:

Since you’ve posted the same question in multiple topics I’ll assume you did a search, but you may have missed these:

1 Like