When engraving, location of image shifts after hitting print

When engraving, sometimes the location of my image shifts after hitting print. This is with correct material height set. When I cancel, I can move the image to the right place and usually it will print correctly but sometimes it will be shifted from the intended location, out of alignment. What causes this and how can i fix it?

I clean my camera and laser regularly.

1 Like

Have you been using set focus before or after you arrange your artwork? Always set focus first then place the image where you want it.

No, i haven’t. I thought that was to override manual focus. So I should set thickness, then focus, then arrange?

Don’t enter any thickness. Just use the set focus on your material then place your artwork.

If I’m doing 2 separate imagages (watch band) how do i focus? Just select one? or should I do the images in separate prints?

Just set focus on the material and once that is done you won’t have to redo it unless you open the lid. If you have a 12 x 20 piece for instance just set focus somewhere in the middle. If it’s a piece of scrap set focus on a solid area and make sure you see the laser briefly shine a light on that spot. Don’t let it miss and land in a void.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble when arranging your design. It looks like you’ve already received some great advice from one of our other community members. Thanks @beerfaced!

Did the advice they offered improve the preview you see in the app?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.