Where can I get a klondike Bar?

I don’t have one, but a lot of people have posted about them, so you can probably find some sources in the forums.

EDIT: @jamesdhatch just gave you a link to one up above. :slight_smile:

What you described is a back draft prevention damper which opens when air is flowing, a blast gate has to be opened and closed.

The damper won’t work on our systems because the airflow is too low (even with an inline 4" fan".

Damper:

They make louvered covers for dryer vents that open with very little airflow, that might work.

3 Likes

Well technically she’s correct. A blast gate is manual but does let air out but not in. The backdraft damper is both automatic & one-way - it’s a special case of a blast gate :slightly_smiling_face:

But that’s why I posted my reply - it needed more detail for someone who would want one but didn’t know what one was :+1:

2 Likes

Very confused by this. An open blast gate provides no restriction to airflow in either direction. At least the one I have doesn’t. If left open, it would be no different than not having it there at all.

It lets air out when open and does not let air in when closed.

It’s non-directional but it does exactly what she said.

A backdraft damper has the advantage of being automatic and directional.

1 Like

@jamesdhatch posted a photo-link to a blast gate. eflyguy posted a picture of a back draft prevention damper. The Louvered Vent Cap is a popular option and is found at Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc… as it is meant for the end of a dryer vent (which is also a four inch hose.) Here is a picture:

You’ll find that picture in @marmak3261’s post about his DIY magnetic quick disconnect coupler.

There seems to be a rumor that you can buy one, but I didn’t find any links to a commercial one in my very quick search.

1 Like

I have the one that lets it out - no in

This one?

MagVent MV-90 Magnetic Dryer Vent Coupling

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013TI7A4S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rMyADbZ874A3T

1 Like

So I am freezing my fingers off to see if the temperature lowering would make a difference.
There is a vent under the table where it sits as well…so It might need a afghan too.
If I could find a klondike bar it probably wouldn’t even need the freezer@

No bueno

2 Likes

Has support been in touch since you sent the picture they asked for?

No, I think I missed a picture that they needed. I sent that about 6 hours ago.

They are sending another machine

1 Like

#4???

I am really sorry about you having to go through this all over again…and especially sorry about your plans for making stuff for the wedding. I can only imagine how utterly disappointed you must feel.

1 Like

Thank you…your so kind.

I feel like I’m whining all the time. lol

1 Like

You are incredibly patient with this whole thing. I hope the next one lasts for YEARS.

Not at all…and even if you were, you deserve to whine a little and all of us here are so sympathetic to your problems. I hope the wedding is perfectly wonderful, even without your creative additions.

Yep… However, I love this machine when it’s working. It’s the best option for me. So far Glowforge has been good to me even with the duds.

2 Likes

Best of luck with the next one!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.