Where to buy rose gold acrylic?

Does anyone know who sells rose gold acrylic? Bonus points for mirrored! I’ve looked at all my usual suspects - Inventables, Amazon, eBay, Johnson, local sources…but I’m not finding anything anywhere. I’m seeing rose gold acrylic products on Etsy, but I can’t figure out where to buy sheets from. Have any of you seen some anywhere?

3 Likes

Hmmm, I’ve never seen commercial acrylic that color. I checked my usual acrylic sellers and couldn’t find a thing like it. I saw the stuff you likely found on etsy and it’s interesting that only two separate sellers carry the color. One of the items looks like the color was painted on the back maybe as it’s a bit inconsistent in coverage. I suppose it’s possible they custom colored/painted the acrylic themselves.

2 Likes

Yeah after I dug deeper into Etsy listings I’m seeing mention of painting. I did find some on Alibaba, but…no. haha!

Acrilex has some frosted on their site, but what I’m really after is either opaque or mirrored.

There is pink mirror out there… close enough?

I saw the pink stuff too, pretty close. Some bronze I’ve seen has not been bad either.

FWIW, I’ve bought from Alibaba and a few other import sites and the transaction have gone fine. I would never get anything I need right away or I just can’t live without though. And you have to be careful as it can be hard to find someone selling small quantities.

1 Like

There’s this:
https://www.signsofthetimes.com/article/rowmark-announces-rose-gold-color-sheet

4 Likes

Nice, you beat me to it. Just got a sample of this…its gorgeous. Not acrylic, but sign plastic, the kind you use for nametags or signs…two layer, flexible.

2 Likes

Can you cut it with a laser? How thick is it?

2 Likes

Wow, gorgeous stuff!

1 Like

Comes in different thicknesses, and yes, its laser safe.
https://www.johnsonplastics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Rose+gold+laser

4 Likes

@Mike13

I paint mine with Rose Gold Nail Polish! For my Cake Toppers

Captain Awesome says - spray paint works too

This works too: https://www.lowes.ca/interior-paint/rust-oleum-rust-oleum-shimmer-rose-gold-946ml_g2882908.html?searchTerm=rose-gold-paint

3 Likes

I wonder what would happen if you stacked a gold mirrored piece under a transparent pink piece?

Might work depending on what you’re doing?

I’m gonna chime in here and say yes, it’s laser safe. But it does not cut well on a laser. This goes for all of the 2 color “acrylic” from Johnson plastic. It’s kind of a bait and switch in that it’s not true acrylic. It’s all “impact modified acrylic”, so it has 55% styrene in it. Styrene melts and does not laser well.
I was excited to use all of these materials, but was extremely disappointed in the cut quality. It’s more meant for etching and not vector cutting.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if you could use double sided adhesive tape and and attach Deco Foil or similar product, before cutting or engraving? I just got my GF a couple of days ago, so I’m just learning what you can and can’t cut. I am aware that you can buy you can buy brushed aluminum vinyl, that you can also adhere before cutting, but I guess vinyl is toxic on the GF? There are some great metallic paint products that adhere to plastic, so painting might work pretty well, if toxicity is not a problem.

I cut this all the time…not melty…you just need to find your settings…

1 Like

How detailed are your designs? I guarantee if you try to cut any details thinner than 1/16" that it won’t look great. Inventables even agreed with me that it’s not meant for vector cutting and told me they were going to update their product descriptions to reflect that.
The Rowmark material is 55% styrene which is garbage.
Duets by Gemini are only 8% styrene and cut better. Still not perfect though.
I’m also a little more picky on my quality than most people on here. It cuts. But if you want perfect lines and thin cuts, it doesn’t do the job.

1 Like

That kind of detail is great to know, thanks.

Its not made for small detail work, its made for signage and nametags, however, I have cut some detail work with it…no melty edges…
I’ve been using Rowmark products way before inventables became an “authority”.

3 Likes

I can assure you that Rowmark products can churn out some beautiful projects. With the proper settings, this product can be vector cut, raster engraved and transformed into some incredible work. If anyone has attended a tradeshow where Rowmark is displayed (we are at ISA in Orlando today) you will see some examples.

2 Likes