Where to buy rose gold acrylic?

Anyone seeing any rose gold mirror yet since this post post has some age to it now? I tried some of the rose gold from Rowmark’s Flexi line but being brushed metal-looking and the 2-color, it’s not quite what we’re looking for. I’ve seen rose gold mirror popping up in other countries, and now there’s someone we follow on Instagram (located in the US) that just announced they’ve got rose gold mirror. I’ve looked everywhere and still can’t find it from anyone but Alibaba yet.

Rowmark can custom make opaque for me, but it’s cost-prohibitive and still isn’t the mirror that I want.

I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve been getting into the wedding decor industry and have seen Mirrored Rose Gold Acrylic pop up with some Australian vendors and now a few popular Etsy vendors local to me here in So Cal. I’ve been doing some research and will share the valuable insight on the mirrored rose gold material to whoever is interested :smiley:

I found a company in the U.S. called Plaskolite that manufactures Mirrored Rose Gold. They were able to give me a few distributor contacts local to me that sell their materials. The one in Orange County where I’m located specializes in lighting fixtures, so they weren’t able to help me. I also have two contacts in Santa Fe Springs, one said that they can special order the mirrored rose gold acrylic, but there is a buy minimum from Plaskolite of 15 sheets. The sheets also come in large dimensions, but they should be able to cut them. So long story short, I haven’t sourced the acrylic yet, but it sounds promising. I’m waiting on a quote of how much this will cost. I also haven’t contacted the second distributor in Santa Fe. Plaskolite also had others in So Cal.

I was thinking that maybe I can team up with another small business to split the cost if the price is high as I’m just starting out and hoping this will be budget friendly.

Stay tuned… I’ll update the outcome on here.

10 Likes

I just got an email from Delvie’s Plastics saying that they now carry it:

Click on the drop down to see the different colors. Haven’t bought any yet but am planning on it in the next week or so.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I have 10 sheets coming from Delvies tomorrow. :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice! I’ll be excited to see how it looks.

1 Like

Me too! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I placed an order with Delvie’s myself and it turns out that this rose gold acrylic is Plaskolite! The same stuff I was looking at. Delvie’s e-mailed me the Plaskolite Fabrication manual pdf. The search is over! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Delvies sells it with an upcharge, I guess they are so big they can order it in bulk and cut it for sale…lol

Absolutely, I can imagine! LOL

Anyone try this rose gold acrylic and cut it? Would love to see what it looks like cut!

I also purchased rose gold but it came with a clear film and not that thick tape most acrylics come with. Does anyone know if I have to cover it or can I cut right on top of that clear film? Has anyone actually cut it yet?

Remove the clear film, it will melt & gum up your engraves.

Either laser without any masking but you may get flashback burns on the bottom from any cuts and ghosting/residue on the edges of your engraves on the top.

I remask with transfer tape like you see on PG materials.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind that acrylic that comes with plastic masking is almost always (always maybe?) extruded acrylic instead of cast and it will have a much stronger odor when cut. It’s normal so no need to worry, just be prepared. As James said, remove the plastic masking as it will gum things up. Acrylic won’t stain from smoke and grime, but re-masking can help with flashback. The good news is acrylic is acrylic and doesn’t have a whole lot of variation. Starting with PF settings usually gets you good results or at least very close to it.

2 Likes

Great website, thank you for sharing!

All true mirror acrylic is made out of colored clear acrylic with the same silver chrome backing. I got quoted $245 for the rose gold acrylic sheet 4x8 by a local plastic company. I would get it, but only one company makes it—coming out of NY and the shipping is more expensive than the sheet itself. Going to stick with the free shipping gold mirror since someone else in town orders by the hundreds.

@HolaLola - How did this work out for you, if I may ask? :slight_smile: I am worried to order the rose gold from Delvie’s since it is extruded!

Someone can correct me here but I am pretty sure most if not all mirrored acrylic is extruded.

Extruded by itself isn’t bad… it has a stronger odor (some would say much stronger, but this is a subjective thing), and cast engraves with much better contrast.

Other than that, acrylic is acrylic. The biggest differentiator is the masking material. I don’t like plastic masking, prefer paper – it’s cleaner. But yeah I cut extruded acrylic quite a bit, no issues at all.

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am about to order a bunch of mirrored acrylic from Delvie’s, and it is all extruded as you say. I am going apply transfer paper, but would you recommend beginning with the PG acrylic settings as a starting point?

I’d say start with this routine, you’ll get it exactly right.

4 Likes