Where's Support?

I’ve been Queue Position 1 for over half an hour. Is that normal?
Unboxing my new machine and there is a scratch at the bottom of the machine. Also a random loose bolt/screw rolling around in there. Anyone else experience this and if so did you keep unboxing or exchange?

I haven’t used Chat so I can’t comment on waiting times, but as for the scratch, yes keep going unless that upsets you way too much! The :glowforge: is a tool, and it will get dirty as you use it :slight_smile:

If you wanted to post a picture of the bolt here we could probably tell you which one it is and whether it’s a packing item or a functional one.

2 Likes

Thanks! Just uploaded a photo.

I don’t see anything that looks exactly like that (with the hexagonal head), but the 3 places I see ones that are close to that size are the underside of the carriage plate, and on the laser supports. Check to see if anything is missing in those spots. If no I’m guessing it’s a spare from the factory.

(my machine is almost 4 years old, so they may have changed fastener styles in that time :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll take a look now. :smiley:

That is a PCB hex standoff. I suspect it was dropped into the machine during assembly and the assembler either didn’t notice or wasn’t able to retrieve it. Shipping knocked it loose.

4 Likes

I apologize for our delayed response to you here. I see that my colleague was able to help you out earlier today in chat so I am going to go ahead and close out this post. If you run into any additional trouble please don’t hesitate to start a new post or reach out to us at support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!!