Who needs a Greek Temple Recipe Box?

Happy Free File Friday!

Haven’t done one in a while. Here is my take on a recipe box made like a temple. The Greek on the pediment means “Good Food” - you can get rid of it if you just want to have a box that is shaped like a temple. LOL

Made with 2 sheets of 1/8" mdf. Took some time to score and cut but pretty quick to put together. File was created in illustrator. Made to hold 3" x 5" cards.

This is commercial use if you sell the products - you MAY NOT sell this file or any changes you make to the file. Please don’t make me be “that guy.”

EAD_Greek_Temple_Box_1.pdf (88.9 KB)
EAD_Greek_Temple_Box_2.pdf (62.6 KB)
EAD_Temple_Recipe_Box_Instructions_1.pdf (2.3 MB)

107 Likes

This made me laugh. The obvious answer is that nobody need a recipe box at all, let alone a Greek Temple recipe box. Recipes are online now and and saved on electronic devices. And yet, here I am to say thank you for this recipe box which I will make even though I don’t cook or have any recipes. It is just too cool to pass up. You are so generous!

30 Likes

HAHA…I am glad someone sees my sense of humor! A friend wanted one so of course I had to make it. I figure someone will think of something cool to do with it - other than recipes.

15 Likes

Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing the file.

8 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:

8 Likes

very cool box! and yes, I will probably make one for myself, because I like hard copies! I have lost too many things to the electronic gremlins over the years to not trust keeping important items solely on electronic mediums.

7 Likes

I am glad someone will use for it’s intended purpose. I keep dog poop bags in mine. LOL

13 Likes

with the way some of my recipies have turned out, the poop bags could be very useful!!LOL!

6 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA…I am right there with you on that!

5 Likes

HaHa! I don’t know that I need one but now I must have one!

Thank you very much for your design. It looks awesome.

9 Likes

I’ll never forget the time I misinterpreted “tsp” for “tbsp”. Wretchedly inedible!

@designvh619 , thank you for sharing this lovely temple to goodness.

6 Likes

Oooo, neat! Even if not for recipes, I’ve got a bunch of cooking related supplies that need to be handy (temperature probe for oven, hot pads, lame for scoring bread, etc). Thank you!

7 Likes

I LOVE IT… Of course I don’t need a recipe box…but I always need a Greek temple.

12 Likes

@kelley1 HAHA, I think we have all done that!

@cynd11 That’s actually a great idea! I hope they fit in there!

@CMadok HAHA…as my greek friends would say…we all need a greek temple.

4 Likes

How about some Coliseum Cup Holders or Coasters? Or maybe a Pantheon Planter?

4 Likes

That would be awesome! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

4 Likes

Not as talented as you, but I can give it a try and see what I can come up with…

1 Like

I would love to see it! I have faith!

2 Likes

Thank you SOOOOO much. Not that I need a recipe box, but my co-worker is from Greece and bought a new house before Covid. This will make a cute housewarming gift.

9 Likes

Thank you!!! Very cool design!

8 Likes