Why are pre-order Glowforges not for resale on ebay?

Curious why I’m not seeing people sell their preorders for less than the price of a non-discounted order…

Personally I wouldn’t sell mine and I don’t have the money to buy a second one up front and sell it, even though it would probably cover the cost of the one I keep.
On top of that, shipping something of that magnitude myself to an eBay winner would have me worried.

3 Likes

Really, you’d only be selling the rights–you could change your shipping address to have it sent directly to the recipient.

1 Like

Well yes! But…
I got nothing.
I question my life choices now.

2 Likes

Ebay rules state:
If you want to list presale items, you must meet all of the following criteria:
Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.
Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.
The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.

I think the 30 day issue may come up…:confused:

8 Likes

@Brandon_R LOL!

@PIGHEADED gotcha, thanks :wink:

Things might change / be more interesting once December rolls around… :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeaaahhhhhh… you can have my option on a 'forge when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

17 Likes

not a snowball’s chance in hell I’d sell either of my units. the thought turns my stomach. seems morally wrong.

1 Like

A few have offered theirs up on Reddit (r/lasercutting).

2 Likes

I’m waiting to see what it is that I’m getting before deciding whether to keep it or not.

3 Likes

lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glowforge-3D-Desktop-Laser-Printer-/332259487551?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

4 Likes

Wow. Charging about $2200 more (twice his cost) than he paid for moving to the front of the line?

Anyone want my Pro for $7200? Daddy needs a new car. I ordered in the first 12 hours.

Wonder if Glowforge would object to a Pre-Release showing up on Ebay?

9 Likes

honestly i can’t even imagine how upset they’d be; fortunately they have credit cards to charge for most of the PRUsers, haha.

1 Like

Yeaaaaaaah… Let’s break down this little con…

• Buyer gives con seller $4300 USD for their Glowforge pre-order, for the con seller to provide the details to Glowforge for them to ship it to Buyer.
  • con seller accepts $4300 USD from multiple individuals at once, and never intends to forward the details. If they even had a unit to sell in the first place.

I would never even attempt to buy a Glowforge off eBay unless the seller could provide “proof of life”… and even then… it’s eBay.

3 Likes

oh i suspect it’s probably real enough…i’m just always surprised at people who are willing to buy a yet-to-be-delivered object. happens with just about every new piece of kit at one point or the other.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’d sell mine for $2200 more than I paid for it. I expect the pleasure I derive from it, once it arrives, will be worth far more than that.

7 Likes

Probably wouldn’t either. But $1200 to move from the back to near the front of the line? About 6 months? Don’t have a lot of whimsy in my finances.

2 Likes

It was the $100 for shipping that cracked me up.

3 Likes

Didn’t see that the first time. :grin:

1 Like