Why does my Air Filter keep beeping?

Why does my Air Filter keep beeping? Yes it’s cranked all the way to the right. It’s beeping right from the beginning. It beeps when I turn it on and when I turn it off. It beeps a few times too not just one beep. It can’t possibly be full.
It beeped from the first time i used it but I’ve come to find out its not normal. and no, I haven’t used it for more than a dozen hours at all.

It means it’s full.

It’s covered in the owners manual.

1 Like

It is telling you it is full, but that is a sensor that might be a false reading (or not). If it is moving the air and still filtering then the source might need investigating. As I have no deeper knowledge you will probably have to wait for someone who does.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it can get full pretty quickly if you’re cutting and engraving particularly “dirty” materials like Draftboard/MDF. Quickly meaning less than a dozen hours.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag. Based on the description of the sound, this normally indicates that your Glowforge Air Filter cartridge is full, and will need to be replaced.

Would you mind sending over a photo of the top of the filter cartridge?

1. Turn off and unplug your Compact Filter
    The power switch is located on the back, next to the cord. Turn it off first, then unplug it from the wall.
  2. Open Compact Filter
    There are four latches holding the top of the Compact Filter in place. Lift the bottom of all four latches to release them.
  3. Take a picture
    Without removing it, take a picture of the top of the cartridge seated in the Compact Filter and send it in to us.

Once we can review this photo, we’ll send over the next best steps.

1 Like

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this post.

If you are still having trouble, let us know. Please start a new post or reach out at support@glowforge.com.