Why is it taking so long to get replacement lens tools in stock

I’ve seen a number of people have had issues…

if you’re redesigning because the first version was a PoC, admit it, and give us a heads up.

I’ve registered, and have been been patiently waiting…but c’mon…it’s a piece of plastic and a magnet.

:confused:

it was back in stock for a bit recently, but people must have bought out the restocked ones. make sure you set up an email alert.

I was registered and I didn’t get an email. thought it begs the question, why did they not order enough to address demand?

1 Like

or better yet, why not allow people to pre-order the dang things so I don’t have to be on top of my email, miss out, and then get stuck waiting again to the point that I have to waste my time posting emails to the support group… grumble.

i can’t answer either of those questions.

My guess is that it was not considered a consumable. There have been about a dozen posts about problems that weren’t caused by people dropping and breaking them, compared to over 20,000 machines sold. Some did have a loose magnet ring, that can be remedied with a drop of adhesive after removing the lens and magnet from the “top” side.

I’m so sorry for the long wait. Thank you for your patience. Good news though, I’ve just confirmed that the Lens Tool is back in stock. You should have just received an email from us with the update as well.

I’m going to close this thread. If you have any other questions, please feel free to start a new topic or reach out to us at support@glowforge.com.

2 Likes