my glowforge is not cutting all the way through on any type of material. what can i do to correct the issue
Centering and cutting through are two very different issues. Can you clarify exactly what the issue is?
have you walked through these steps?
Oh no! I’m so sorry you’ve hit a snag.
There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:
- The crumb tray is clean and properly installed
- The material is perfectly flat on the crumb tray
- All optical components are clean and undamaged
- Design is set to “Cut”
Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.
Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.
When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.
Check the completed print:
- If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.
- If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.
It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email email@example.com.