Why is the lens tool shipping so expensive?

It’s $25 to ship the lens tool to me, apparently. I live in New York, and unless they’re shipping it internationally, it shouldn’t be that high. My lens tool broke and now it looks like it’s going to cost me a total of $41.20 to replace it. It seems insane, what’s up?

I have some spares, I will send you one for $25 with free shipping. DM me.

Jonathan

1 Like

It only seems that way because it is insane.

8 Likes

in defense of them, I just bought a crumb tray and three spare black lid cables, and the shipping was $10 total.

Jonathan

1 Like

Which is also crazy because I payed way more shipping for 2 black cables in a tube.

5 Likes

I sent @evansd2 a copy of the invoice, so he can confirm it.

Jonathan

i’m not disbelieving you, just saying it’s nuts that it would vary anywhere near that much. the crumb tray ain’t light and the box ain’t small. the cables are light and the tube is smaller than the crumbtray box.

3 Likes

If the magnetic ring came off, just glue it back on. Even if the ring itself broke it can be glued and still work fine.

1 Like

The magnetic ring fell off, broke in half right before I had a big move so I lost the piece :confused:

3 Likes

i’m shipping them a replacement this morning.

Jonatahn

5 Likes

You the real MVP!

3 Likes

Pah!!! You should try ordering stuff to the UK!!! Basically a minimum $100 regardless of the purchase.

2 Likes

An alternative…

3 Likes

HOnestly, I have never understood the shipping piece with GF. I am international and I get it should be more expensive, but it was shocking. The other piece that is really nonsense is that if you try and open a conversation about it with GF, they don’t really engage. There are never any options. Hard to understand.

2 Likes

:sleepy: that sucks.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.