Wide Mouth Mason Jar Candy Machine

The natural evolution of my previous machine:

(Original gumball machine on the left, New candy machine on the right)

The “big brother” is complete!

This version uses the wider-mouthed Mason jars for a larger candy machine. This has been such a fun project and has been fun to give as gifts.

My kids love “testing” these for me. We have gone through so many Skittles and M&Ms…

58 Likes

I love this, but I would never make it. The jar of candy would have to be refilled every couple of days.

13 Likes

I hear you. Just insert the candy into my mouth directly. Sugar is my downfall.

16 Likes

Saw it in the catalog early this morning and grabbed it! @JimmyWayneWestie and @emilyhuh, they are so very easy to fill, and the fact that I have to turn the knob to get a piece definitely slows how quickly I go through candy! Actually, I’m weird in the fact that if I can see candy is available, I don’t eat it as fast anyway.

I’m thinking I’ll fill it next time with Smarties!!

15 Likes

Great project!!

8 Likes

In case anyone else is looking:

I searched for “gumball” and it didn’t come up - the one word that wasn’t in the new one! (A second search for “bill.m.davis” got it for me)

14 Likes

Awesome.

9 Likes

So cool! Definitely going to make some of these!

9 Likes

This is great! Love it!

8 Likes

And what’s wrong with that…?

5 Likes

LOVE it

7 Likes

My design in the catalog looks like it has been changed, and not for the better. I have submitted an update to it, just waiting to hear back.

9 Likes

@emilyhuh @ellencadwell @kmblair

I would like to share our M&Ms tip for a road trip.

If we take a road trip — we always bring M&Ms with us. The container of candy gets nested into a bigger container filled with ice.

The iced container with the nested candy gets put in the console that is between us. We keep the candy lid off as we are driving. The ice keeps the candy from melting.

4 Likes

Your dedication to candy transportation is admirable. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I bought plastic jars to use for this project! Safe for kid-handling :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That is what I love about using a standard connection, you can use whatever jar you want!

9 Likes

I’m the same way… as long as I know it’s there I don’t really want it… but have nothing available??? Gotta run to the store right quick~!!! lol

8 Likes

My fix is finally in the catalog. It was a minor change, but there was an extra cut line that was not needed.

9 Likes

Can you fit M&M w/peanuts in these or just the plain ones.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried the Peanut M&Ms. They should work; the only concern would be them getting crushed or jamming in the chamber.

3 Likes