Wifi connecting fail!

My IT team and I have tried everything to get this noise to work. We’ve created separate networks, we’ve made sure everything is WPA2 and 2.4 GHZ and 802.11b/g/n happy. We’ve even put an airport directly next to the glowforge in the hope that it was just signla strength.

Nada.

We’ve tried it on multiple devices, both laptops, desktops, and phones. We’ve rebooted everything.

We can connect to the Glowforge just fine, but getting it on the WiFi is another matter. We get the repeated “Device Error!” Anyone figured out what the heck is going on with this? I’m psyched to use this thing but right now it’s an expensive, glowing paperweight.

I had similar issues. I put a support request in and they determined it was a certificate issue and they were able to fix .

1 Like

Awesome! Do you remember how long it took for them to reply to the request?

The first response was 3 days. Then 2 more to get corrected. I had to send them some logs

1 Like

Thank you so much! Ray of hope! :blush:

Thanks for reaching out. I’m so sorry you ran into trouble while setting up.

I noticed you weren’t set as the owner of the machine, so I corrected that.

Could you please do the following for me?

1. Exit the web browser you are using to go to app.glowforge.com/setup
  2. Turn off your Glowforge.
  3. Wait at least 10 seconds.
  4. Turn on your Glowforge (please do not touch the button on top of the Glowforge - only the switch on the back).
  5. Once the Glowforge is on, wait until all head activity has stopped for thirty seconds.
  6. Open your web browser and navigate to app.glowforge.com
  7. If your dashboard loads with designs, you’re all set - you can start printing! If you see anything else, let me know.

If at any point during these steps, the button on top of your Glowforge glows with any color other than white, stop and let us know.

1 Like

It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.