Wifi connection issue

So this is odd. I just had an issue with a Glowforge pro not firing a laser, so they sent me a replacement.

(I currently have 2 in my house, the one that wont fire the laser and the new one, figured I’d make sure the new one works before sending the other one back)

So I fire up the new one, all seems well, get it all situated to connect to the wifi and such just as the last one, and no luck, I keep getting the failure notice on it, reset my routers and power cycled and no luck.

So i figure, this must be a Wifi issue, so I tested the older glowforge, still no laser but everything connects just fine, reset the wifi on it just to be safe, works just fine, apart from the non firing laser.

So it’s not the wifi, must be the new Glowforge, unless I’m missing something obvious. It’s in the same position the last one was in, no changes to the internet setup, same GHz and security, just, doesnt connect.

Can you swap the locations of the two to eliminate wifi and geographical positioning? I know it’s a big ask, but it would help in the diagnosis process. There are literally a ton of things to try around the wifi troubleshooting, but I think this may be the quickest route to location issues that could be in play here.

No luck there, both right near my router

Check in the top right corner of the menu where your name is, click the drop down, and make sure you have the new Glowforge, not the old one, selected. This may not be the issue, but it can’t hurt to try.

1 Like

New one’s selected, so that’s not it

Thanks for letting us know about this, and I’m very sorry for the challenging start. I see you already emailed us about this, and I just followed up with you there, so I’m going to close this thread. We’ll continue troubleshooting via email.