WiFi help

Hi all,
We had a house fire over the weekend and my wifi modem was part of the disaster. I am trying to connect my hotspot on my phone and I can’t get it to work? Do you have to do something different with this connection? Thanks for any help!

Christine

1 Like

Yikes! That’s terrible - guessing (and glad) that everyone’s ok if you’re getting back to hooking up equipment.

To ask the most obvious question, did you hold down the white button until it turns teal?

6 Likes

Yes, thank God my glowforge is ok, lol. Honestly feeling blessed it wasn’t worse, although still quit bad. Need to keep my mind busy for now! But anyway, I started as if it was new and got it figured out just now! So I’m up and running!

Thanks!

8 Likes

So sorry to hear. Sounds scary! I totally get keeping your mind busy like that. Glad you’re up and running!

2 Likes

I’m having a similar issue. What worked for you?

Hi @christine868. I’m so sorry to hear about your house and appreciate you following up in this thread that you were able to get connected to your hotspot. Since you’re back up and printing, I’ll go ahead and close out this support thread.

@celesteprobichaux feel free to create a new thread, or email us support@glowforge.com if you have not already done so. We’ll be happy to help with any needed troubleshooting. In the meantime, it could help to review the steps for the Wi-Fi setup below:

1. Power up: Turn your Glowforge off. Then turn on your Glowforge and wait about 30 seconds.

2. Start Wi-Fi setup: Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color.

3. Sign in: Using a Wi-Fi device like your laptop or tablet, go to setup.glowforge.com and sign in.

4. Connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi: Go to setup.glowforge.com and follow the steps to connect to Wi-Fi. If you run into trouble along the way, let us know what happened right before the issue arose.

To see the Wi-Fi setup process in more detail, go to Connect Your Glowforge to WiFi.

It may also help to take a look at our Wi-Fi troubleshooter.