WiFi issue for a newbie

I have done a lot of reading and have no solutions and hoping for help. I set up my Glowforge today not realizing after 5 hours of trying to connect to WiFi that it won’t recognize 5ghz? I am confused by this because I am able to get to the point we’re I put my password in then after approximately 15 seconds it says it didn’t connect :slightly_frowning_face: so how do I change to a 2.4 ghz so I can connect. Hoping to get some help I did reach out to support

I had same problem. Who is your internet service provider? I have Xfinity. I was able to go to their site and search for 2.4 ghz. You need to have a dual band modem to do this. If it is newer, I am sure it is.

Good luck! What will you be making first with your new GF?

4 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue with xfinity and a brand new gf. Has this solution of breaking out the 2.4 vs 5 worked? I can’t seem to get it to work even using a mobile hotspot.

The GF is strictly 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz sadly won’t work.

For best results, set up a dedicated 2.4GHz channel for the GF alone. I have Viasat satellite internet with an Orbi mesh network and had tons of issues until I limited access on the 2.4 channel to just the GF.

1 Like

Update: I setup a dedicated 2.4 multiple times but it only ended up connecting after factory reset for me in conjunction with that step.

1 Like

Thank you @rickv1013 I do have xfinity I will give this a try. I am not sure what I be will be making first I have a ton of ideas. I will let you know if this works.

1 Like

@rickv1013 I went to my xfifity and was able to see I can edit but was confused when attempting lol so I will call them today and ask. It was at a little after 1a when I went to edit so after my morning :coffee: I will try again before calling. I will let you know how it works out.

I am now connected had to create an account for the 2.4 ghz.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear that you are now connected. I just replied to your email as well. Since we’re now working on this there, I’m going to close this post.

Please let me know by email if there is anything else we can help with.