WiFi problems

I have brand new glowforge pro that has not been able to connect to my WiFi network. Pirchased on 24NOV19 and it was delivered on 11 dec. my wife and started the set on Friday the 13 but was not able to try to connect the GF to WiFi network until last Saturday evening/early Sunday morning. I have tried login in via laptop and cell phone with no luck of connection to home network. I have tried login on GF with cell phone and laptop I’m to try to get a connection onto my home network. Due to a not nothing what was the problem, I went to the store and bought a new cable router that To replace the old one. I have tried resetting all systems about 20 times and still get the device error.

Anyone have any ideas on how type get the GF connected to WFiF?

There’s a video here that helps a lot of folks to get it set up…

And the troubleshooting instructions for Wifi are here, if that doesn’t do it…

1 Like

I have watched video before to make sure I was doing it write. The WiFi trouble are somewhat helpful but I keep getting the same device error. I have tried just about everything to try to make it work even to the point that I my router and laptop right next to GF to try and get it to connect.

Okay, Wifi is definitely not my specialty, but there are a couple of things to check:

Make sure the Wifi is set to 2.4 GHz rather than the 5 GHz that is currently popular…the Glowforge uses the 2.4 Ghz signal.

I’ve also seen folks using their phone as a hotspot to connect, but I’ve never tried it or had to do it. There might be some instructions around here somewhere…

It looks like you already emailed us about this and we’ve been working on it there. A few hours ago I emailed you to ask for some logs from your Glowforge that will help us investigate further. Since we’re already working on this issue in the email thread, I’m going to close this thread.