Wild Things Light Box

Yes, STEAM is STEM with Art included. When the position was created a few years ago it was called STEM but the teacher came in and immediately changed it to STEAM.
This year I am co-teaching a Art and Technology class for the first time. The possibilities we can do with the GF are exciting.

6 Likes

Hi! This is beautiful! What kind of leds did you use? How are they powered? I have some basic 3-5 volt leds and wonder if they would be powerful enough to light it up.

1 Like

Amazing work!! Great Job!!

1 Like

amazing work, are you able to share the layer for reproduction

Gentle reminder that asking for designs is against forum guidelines.

https://community.glowforge.com/faq

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

There is plenty of information in this thread on how you could design your own, however.

2 Likes

Please don’t misunderstand my question, I am more that happy to pay for the work….

Please understand the answer, It is enough socially awkward to have to respond that it has been decided that you can be banned for asking.

Thank you for the advice, I’m new here and didn’t realize.

2 Likes

Most everyone has asked the same thing when they were new. It’s an easy restriction to miss in the TOS. GF didn’t want the forum to turn into a place where folks feel uncomfortable sharing what they did because they find it hard to say “no, I don’t want to share the design because I spent forever doing the work and may sell it on Etsy” or “no, I don’t want to share it because I don’t want to see hundreds of them on Etsy being sold by people who didn’t do the work to create it”.

If people are open to sharing or selling they volunteer that information vs being solicited by other users. Free sharing is done over in the Free Design category. It is a bit awkward when you post a project to have to post it in both categories but it is GF’s forum so they get to make the rules :smiley:

5 Likes

YOU GO GIRL! Absolutely stunning! Great use of layers and that is a book that was read to me, then read to my kids and one day I know it will be read to theirs. How do you feel about the velveteen rabbit? It would make a great Collectible gift Series :slight_smile::wink: nice work!!

1 Like