Will not cut PG

Machine will engrave but not cut. I have inspected / cleaned all lenses. Here is a gift of good measure try from today.

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of your settings?

Yeah, I’m not sure what’s going on but the GF support staff will be on this soon. Sorry your having problems.

Robmar36, thank you!

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I appreciate you attempting to print the Gift of Good Measure. I’ve extracted the log files to review this print, and compare it with the details you’ve provided.

Now that you’ve cleaned the optical components, I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

Thank you for sending us detailed images. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’m closing this thread, and I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.