Window vent

I love this! Hoping to recreate for our use. How did you attach the hose to the acrylic?

Click on the “vent.svg” link below the first message.

Wow, nice solution for a basic blast gate.

the vent hose is attached around the acrylic circles with the dryer hose tension clamps - the same way the hose is attached to the gf :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aubry, i see you live in nyc like myself… watch out for little birds… because im doing the same lol

Nice design. You could have also just added some magnets a little higher in the piece that would then hold the vent open and slide off the magnets to then close the vent. Either way, it works!!

Wooh! Neat!!!

very cool

Very cool design, i really like how you incorporated the blast gate. One of my recent projects was similar.

needed to vent out my AC and the Glowforge.

3 Likes

Is there a link for the cut file somewhere? Thanks!

1 Like

This forum is a gallery for showcasing work. Asking for designs is against forum guidelines.

You’ll find free designs in the Free Laser Designs forum section.

Everything eflyguy said was true, but this design was actually posted, and previously discussed in this thread.

Here’s the link if you don’t have time go go back and read the whole thing:

4 Likes

Very slick solution.

I just made my new window insert yesterday so I can mount the 6" vivosun fan on it. I have to paint the exterior. Then I’ll post pics.

1 Like

Thank you! We have these super long windows and it worked perfectly. Instead of figuring out a way to glue them together, i use the good ol’ masking tape
I removed the external part and didn’t use the cool slide door feature - and adjusted to fit my 4 inch tube.
success!

1 Like

Absolutely AWESOME!!!

I finally got my GF yesterday and today I finished cutting out the bits and pieces. Only to realize that I need special glue, don’t I? Lol

Do you recommend a particular brand to glue acrylics pieces together? What did you use? I’m eyeballing my E6000 right now. hmm. lol

That’s awesome! I’m looking for a more permanent solution to my picture below.! Right now I use a piece of foam and I want to be able to have NO smell if possible. The window is under our deck.

image|666x500

This is brilliant.

would you sell the design with measurements and material needed ? I would love to have that, Please ?

THANK YOU very much